MathType 6.9 from Design Science (Long Beach, California) is a powerful interactive equation editor for Windows and Mac that lets you create mathematical notation for word processing, web pages, desktop publishing, presentations, elearning and TeX, LaTeX and MathML documents.
Available from Adept Scientific (Letchworth, Herts) this latest version of MathType works with over 700 applications and websites giving you the flexibility to work everywhere and anywhere.
MathType gives you more ways to create equations and more control to customise your presentations:
- Entering maths by hand: enter equations as easily as you would write maths with paper and pencil using the built-in handwriting recognition in Windows 7 and later.
- Point-and-Click editing with automatic formatting: choose from MathType’s palettes and type directly into the empty slots. MathType applies mathematical spacing rules automatically as you type.
- Keyboard shortcuts: save time using keyboard shortcuts. MathType has customisable keyboard shortcuts for virtually every symbol, template, and command.
- Type TeX or LaTeX: if you already know the TeX typesetting language, you can enter equations directly into MathType or Microsoft Word documents. TeX editing can be mixed with point-and-click editing so you get the best of both worlds.
- Copy-and-Paste: copy-and-paste equations directly into MathType from other applications or websites.
- Save expressions in the toolbar: drag frequently used equations and expressions to the MathType toolbar for insertion later with just a click or a keystroke.
- Supports Microsoft Office:
- Office 2013 and Office 365: MathType 6.9 is fully compatible with Office 2013 and Office 365 installed on Windows 7 and 8 computers.
- Office 2010, 2007, 2003, and XP: MathType 6.9 is fully compatible.
- Office Web Apps, Office Mobile, and Office RT: MathType equations cannot be edited in these Office versions but equations created in other versions of Office will display and print.
- Microsoft Office 2013, 2010, & 2007 — MathType Ribbon Tab in Word and PowerPoint: MathType takes full advantage of Office’s Ribbon User Interface making it easier than ever to do equation operations in documents and presentations. New equation numbering and browse features work with all Word equation types.
- Microsoft Office 2003 and XP (2002) — MathType Toolbar and Menu in Word and PowerPoint: MathType adds a toolbar and menu to Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, allowing quick access to its features and powerful commands to do equation numbering, produce great-looking maths web pages, presentations, and much more.
- Find symbols: MathType’s Insert Symbol dialogue allows you to explore the available symbols and insert them with a click or keystroke.
And have more control using:
Colour: use colour to highlight part of an equation and focus your audience’s attention on just the portions you want. Show what changed in each step of a multi-step procedure and make those equations really come to life.
- More fonts: MathType has hundreds more symbols and templates than Equation Editor. Besides the exclusive Euclid™ maths fonts, there are 1,000s of maths symbols in fonts already on your computer, as well as other maths fonts you can download from the Internet.
MathType has long been known as the professional version of the Equation Editor in Microsoft Office, used by millions of educators, scientists and engineers to create papers and presentations with textbook-quality equations. According to scientific and technical publishers, over 85 per cent of submitted manuscripts containing mathematical notation are Microsoft Word documents with MathType or Equation Editor equations.
About Design Science
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Long Beach, California, Design Science develops software used by educators, scientists and publishing professionals, including MathType, Equation Editor in Microsoft Office, WebEQ, MathFlow and MathPlayer, to communicate on the web and in print.
MathType 6.9 is supplied and supported in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria and the Nordic countries by Adept Scientific. Products including MathType 6.9 can be ordered online at www.adeptstore.com.
With offices in the UK, Germany and throughout the Nordic region, Adept Scientific is one of the world’s leading suppliers of software and hardware products for research, scientific, engineering and technical applications on desktop computers. Full details and contact information for all Adept Scientific international offices are available at www.adeptscience.com; or telephone +44 (0) 203 695 7810.