VisSim/Serial – Add-On
VisSim/Serial lets you read and write standard RS232 serial bytes from the VisSim block diagram via Serial read/write blocks. VisSim/Serial lets you configure serial port settings including baud rate, parity and stop bits. You can also choose whether you want to read single characters or complete strings. You can use Serial blocks for remote sensing, data exchange or remote control. You can easily log data, plot, strip-chart or run a virtual plant or controller for model based development. To read or write serial data from VisSim, you must have an RS-232 connection, which is quite common on PCs and laptops. Then just insert and wire Serial Read and/or Serial Write blocks into a diagram and then click the Go button. You may transmit and receive from any number of different IP addresses in a single diagram. The serial Read and serial Write blocks let you read data from and write data to serial ports.
- Low cost – uses existing serial ports on PC
- Easy to use
- Installs in seconds
- User selection of data rates, stop bits, and parity
- User-settable read data type (char, short, long or strings)
- Read block supports string parsing for start and end match
- Exchange data between VisSim and any RS-232 device
- Dynamic update of TX and RX queue lengths
- Receive pin indicates receipt of message
- Transmit enable pin controls transmit timing
- Serial Write block accepts single characters or strings
- String syntax supports “C” language standard for hex constants and nonprinting characters
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
Bob delivered an engaging and interesting course. His style was very enjoyable.
Tutor was very knowledgeable and taught in a way that was easy to followKH, Uxbridge, UK
I have greatly appreciated your help, your restraint in response to some daft questions and your sheer professionalism.PL, Tunbridge Wells, UK
I can only say I wish all suppliers were as helpful as you.CP, Newport, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.