Mathcad White Papers and Research
The following Mathcad white papers provide insight into the kinds of learning results some professors have experienced integrating Mathcad into their teaching.
- Best Teaching Practices with Mathcad — Investigate various “best practices” for teaching with Mathcad to help you make the most of Mathcad as a platform for teaching, learning, research, and documentation.
- Engineering Babies in the Mathematical Bathwater — This report describes an NSF-funded project employed at West Point and Harvey Mudd College designed to increase the interaction between mathematics and engineering, insuring that mathematics education serves as a ‘pump’ for student success in engineering, as opposed to being a filter.
- Factors for Change in Mechanical Engineering Education — A study of various factors that could result in the most profound changes in engineering education since the post World War II period.
- From C++ to Mathcad — From C++ to Mathcad: Teaching an Introductory Programming Course with a Non-Traditional Programming Language, K.P. Brannan and J. A. Murden, The Citadel.
- Innovative Uses of Mathcad in Teaching — This workshop report summarizes presentations given by course developers on innovative uses of Mathcad in teaching (CTI Workshop, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom).
- Interactive Laboratory Exercise for Network Performance Evaluation using Mathcad — An Interactive Laboratory Exercise for Teaching Computer Science Students Network Performance Evaluation using Mathcad, by Veglis, Barbargires, and Pombortsis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece).
- Using Mathcad to Help Understand Aliasing — Dr. Anthony Croft’s paper on aliasing when dealing with Fourier transforms, courtesy of the UK’s LTSN Maths, Stats & OR Network.
- Using Mathcad to Teach Mathematical Economics — Describes the use of Mathcad in teaching an undergraduate course on mathematical economics, courtesy of the Journal of Economics Education.
- Visualisation Tool for Teaching Structural Steel Connection Design — A Visualisation Tool for Teaching Structural Steel Connection Design, by Green, Veltri and Sputo.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
I would like to sincerely thank you for your extremely prompt and efficient service – much appreciated and rare these days.SA, Sheffield, UK
Here is to the best software support team – ever! Many, many thanks. You have definitely made my day! yay!! 🙂HE
“Origin has always been one of the most powerful packages for data analysis and graphing. With the new multi-sheet workbook’s full formatting features and its ability to embed both images and graphs, OriginLab is moving a big step forward. From raw data to final professional report creation, you can now keep all the stages of data processing in a single software.”Antoine Couturier, Ph.D. - Service Recherche, Institut National du Sport, de l'Expertise et de la Performance
Thank you very much for your efforts and quick reply that saved my week (and work) – I really appreciate this!DP, London, UK