Mathcad White Papers and Research
The following Mathcad white papers provide insight into the kinds of learning results some professors have experienced integrating Mathcad into their teaching.
- Best Teaching Practices with Mathcad — Investigate various “best practices” for teaching with Mathcad to help you make the most of Mathcad as a platform for teaching, learning, research, and documentation.
- Engineering Babies in the Mathematical Bathwater — This report describes an NSF-funded project employed at West Point and Harvey Mudd College designed to increase the interaction between mathematics and engineering, insuring that mathematics education serves as a ‘pump’ for student success in engineering, as opposed to being a filter.
- Factors for Change in Mechanical Engineering Education — A study of various factors that could result in the most profound changes in engineering education since the post World War II period.
- From C++ to Mathcad — From C++ to Mathcad: Teaching an Introductory Programming Course with a Non-Traditional Programming Language, K.P. Brannan and J. A. Murden, The Citadel.
- Innovative Uses of Mathcad in Teaching — This workshop report summarizes presentations given by course developers on innovative uses of Mathcad in teaching (CTI Workshop, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom).
- Interactive Laboratory Exercise for Network Performance Evaluation using Mathcad — An Interactive Laboratory Exercise for Teaching Computer Science Students Network Performance Evaluation using Mathcad, by Veglis, Barbargires, and Pombortsis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece).
- Using Mathcad to Help Understand Aliasing — Dr. Anthony Croft’s paper on aliasing when dealing with Fourier transforms, courtesy of the UK’s LTSN Maths, Stats & OR Network.
- Using Mathcad to Teach Mathematical Economics — Describes the use of Mathcad in teaching an undergraduate course on mathematical economics, courtesy of the Journal of Economics Education.
- Visualisation Tool for Teaching Structural Steel Connection Design — A Visualisation Tool for Teaching Structural Steel Connection Design, by Green, Veltri and Sputo.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
Ref: Mathtype 6.6a. I love this product, thanks for decent support on this softwareJT, Derbyshire, UK
Our Account Manager, Stephanie, was fantastic in dealing with our questions and my colleague’s concerns (many thanks Stephanie!) and your colleague Joe has provided invaluable assistance to my colleagues and myself during our initial and extended testing phases of Reference Manager.JH, Birmingham, UK
I have to thank you again for your help. The support level you have given gives me good confidence in using the product, knowing that there are solutions to problems that are not necessarily easy (or economic) for you to implement, but give the customer a working solution.CW, Cheltenham, UK
Many thanks for the prompt reply – I went ahead and purchased the download and was able to upgrade as you promised – fantastic service! I shall be recommenting Adept Scientific to anyone who’ll listen to me!SF, Leicester, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.