Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit
Take your HPC, enterprise, AI, and cloud applications to the max — with fast, scalable, and portable parallel code
Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit is a comprehensive suite of development tools that make it fast and easy to build modern code that gets every last ounce of performance out of the newest Intel® processors in high-performance computing (HPC) platforms. Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit simplifies creating code with the latest techniques in vectorization, multi-threading, multi-node, memory optimization, and accelerator offloading.
Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit helps developers, researchers, and data scientists confidently develop performant code quickly and correctly, and scale compute-intensive workloads that exploit cutting-edge features Intel CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, and HPC clusters. It includes industry-leading C++ and Fortran compilers, standards-driven OpenMP support, MPI library and benchmarks, and advanced analysis tools for design, MPI, cluster tuning, and cluster health checking to enhance uptime and productivity.
Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit includes all the Intel compilers (C / C ++, Fortran, DPC ++ etc.) and multiple platform support (Windows, Linux and Mac OSX) to give you more flexibility for the future.
Note: The tools that comprised Intel Parallel Studio XE are now integrated into Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit. To upgrade your Intel Parallel Studio XE license, contact Alfasoft for oneAPI Promotion Upgrade Price.
Build, analyze, optimize and scale fast HPC applications for a variety of architectures with vectorization, multithreading, multi-node parallelization, and memory optimization techniques using the Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit.
- Build. Simplify cross-architecture HPC application deployment on Intel CPUs and accelerators using Intel’s industry-leading compilers and libraries. Efficiently create fast parallel code and boost application performance that exploits cutting-edge features of current and future Intel® architecture.
- Analyze. Quickly gauge application performance, resource use, and areas for optimization to ensure fast cross-architecture performance.
- Optimize. Learn how resource use impacts your code — including compute, memory, I/O, more—to make sound cross-architecture design decisions.
- Supports HPC standards including C/C++, Fortran, Python, OpenMP and MPI for easy integration with legacy code.
- Works seamlessly with other Intel tools to accelerate specialized workloads (AI analytics, rendering, deep learning inference, video processing, etc.).
- Take advantage of Priority Support. Intel offers the ability to connect directly to Intel engineers for answers to technical questions.
Who Needs It
- C, C++, Data Parallel C++, Fortran, Python, OpenMP, and MPI software developers and architects building HPC, enterprise, AI, and cloud solutions • Developers looking to maximize their software’s performance and flexibility to support cross architectures on current and future Intel® platforms
What it Does
- Creates fast parallel code. Boost application performance that scales on current and future Intel platforms with industry-leading compilers, performance libraries, performance profilers, and code and cluster analysis tools.
- Builds code faster. Simplify the process of creating fast, scalable, reliable parallel code.
- Delivers Priority Support. Connect directly to Intel’s engineers for confidential, quick answers to technical questions. Access older versions of the products. And receive updates for a year.
The licensing and the naming of the editions has changed with the launch of oneAPI.
Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit is offered with support for Windows, Linux and Mac OS. Support for all OS are included with each license.
Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit is offered with support for Fortran, C++ and Data Parallel C++. Support for all described languages are included with each license.
Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit is offered in two editions: Single-Node and Multi-Node.
The target platforms for development and deployment can range from a workstation to a multi-node cluster requiring different support efforts. Choose the paid product with support that best fits the use model targeted:
• Intel® oneAPI Base and HPC Toolkit Single-Node: Target platform of shared memory systems including PCs, laptops, or workstations.
• Intel® oneAPI Base and HPC Toolkit Multi-Node: Target platform of shared memory systems such as PCs, laptops, workstations, or distributed memory high-performance compute clusters.
Intel oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit is offered in different license types
• Named user
• Concurrent 2-seat: any 2 concurrent users / up to 10 registered developers
• Concurrent 5-seat: any 5 concurrent users / up to 25 registered developers
o No more Floating 1-seat option
o FlexLM will no longer be included
Users must be compliant with Intel’s EULA and purchase the number of seats to match the number of users who need to use the software concurrently
• Academic – for degree-granting institutions only; colleges and universities who teach student in higher education towards earning a degree
• Commercial – for all other users, including government and non-profit institutions who are not degree-granting
Intel oneAPI Network licensing has changed
Network licenses (concurrent) are still available as 2 and 5 concurrent user licenses, but these are defined differently for oneAPI:
Maximum of 10 developers: 2 Concurrent users
Maximum of 25 developers: 5 Concurrent users
I.e. for oneAPI, a maximum number of developers is set for the network licenses, who can then be registered in the IRC and are entitled to request Intel technical support in the confidential Intel Online Service Center. FlexLM is no longer included for the network licenses (as was the case with IPSXE). Licensing and usage restrictions now result from the legal basis (i.e. the license agreement – EULA).
Converting from Intel Parallel Studio to oneAPI Base and HPC Toolkit
When upgrading, a new serial number is generated for the oneAPI license and the previous IPSXE serial number is marked as “retired”. All IPSXE owners will still be able to use all of their IPSXE tools after the upgrade.
In addition, these IPSXE licenses are in most cases not only extended to include new components, but they also usually gain a complete tool suite including C ++ and Fortran compilers (both!) for an additional operating system.
If you have, for example, IPSXE Composer Edition for Fortran, Windows with active support, as a result of the transition to the Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit, you will also receive a license for use under Linux, which then also includes the Intel Fortran Compiler and the MKL for Linux.
Are you a current Intel Parallel Studio XE user? To minimize the cost and make the transition to oneAPI as smooth as possible, contact Alfasoft BEFORE you upgrade your license in IRC.
Customers who are planning a Support Service Renewal (SSR) of their IPSXE license should check whether a chargeable upgrade to oneAPI is not the cheaper option over an IPSXE support and mainteance renewal. Please contact Alfasoft, to check whether this is the case. Important: An “Upgrade Promotions” offer can only be used as long as your IPSXE license to oneAPI has not been upgraded free of charge. I.e. Specifically: do not follow the link to the free upgrade on IRC, but ask us beforehand if you are considering a SSR of your IPSXE license.
Contact Alfasoft (Adept Scientific) for an offer.
What is included with the Intel oneAPI & HPC Toolkit
Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler: A standards-based, CPU, GPU and FPGA compiler supporting Data Parallel C++, C++, C, SYCL and OpenMP. that leverages well-proven LLVM compiler technology and Intel’s history of compiler leadership for performance. Experience seamless compatibility with popular compilers, development environments, and operating systems.
Intel® C++ Compiler Classic: A standards-based C/C++ compiler supporting OpenMP, focused on CPU development. Take advantage of more cores and built-in technologies in platforms based on Intel® CPU architectures. Experience seamless compatibility with popular compilers, development environments, and operating systems.
Intel® Fortran Compiler (Beta) for XPU development: A standards-based, CPU and GPU compiler supporting Fortran and OpenMP. Leverages well-proven LLVM compiler technology and Intel’s history of compiler leadership for performance. Experience seamless compatibility with popular compilers, development environments, and operating systems.
Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic: A standards-based Fortran compiler supporting OpenMP focused on CPU development. Take advantage of more cores and built-in technologies in platforms based on Intel® CPU architectures. Experience seamless compatibility with popular compilers, development environments, and operating systems.
Intel® Cluster Checker: Verify that cluster components work together seamlessly for optimal performance, improved uptime, and lower total cost of ownership.
Intel® Inspector: Locate and debug threading, memory, and persistent memory errors early in the design cycle to avoid costly errors later.
Intel® MPI Library: Deliver flexible, efficient, scalable cluster messaging on Intel® architecture.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector: Understand MPI application behavior across its full runtime.
Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library: Speed up data parallel workloads with these key productivity algorithms and functions.
Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks: Simplify parallelism with this advanced threading and memory-management template library.
Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library: Accelerate math processing routines including matrix algebra, fast Fourier transforms (FFT), and vector math.
Intel® oneAPI Data Analytics Library: Boost machine learning and data analytics performance.
Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library: Deliver fast, high-quality, real-time video decoding, encoding, transcoding, and processing.
Intel® Advisor: Design code for efficient vectorization, threading, and offloading to accelerators.
Intel® Distribution for Python: Achieve fast math-intensive workload performance without code changes for data science and machine learning problems.
Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool: Migrate legacy CUDA code to a multi-platform program in DPC++ code with this assistant.
Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives: Speed performance of imaging, signal processing, data compression, cryptography, and more.
Alfasoft offer paid licenses of Intel oneAPI software with support.
• 1 & 3-year support options will be available for all toolkits
• Additional years of support can be added with the corresponding pre-expiry renewal SKU
Purchasing oneAPI software with support will provides users with:
• Access to Intel Priority Support for confidential communications with Intel support engineers
• Access to all version updates & upgrades that release during the supported year(s), as well as to older versions (up to 3 versions prior to the current version)
• Accelerated response time to support tickets
• Priority solutions for issues and feature requests
Without paid support, support for free tools is only available through public community forums and only for the latest version update of the current year.
Use following links to get access to Intel Support
The Next Steps
What do our Customers say about us?
[Bob] gave excellent unbiased information
Your web page is simply brilliant. Congratulations!CF, Kirknewton, UK
“Looking online for a software that would perform the particular task we need at the moment (resolution of overlapped Gaussian-shaped peaks), I was glad to find out that a fully functional trial version of OriginPro was made available by your company. Also, watching one of the tutorial videos, all commands and short-cuts I needed to get my results were shown there. Very handy and a time-saver.”Mauricio Morais, LCT, M.Sc. - Sr. Research Assistant - NEPS Lab Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at TUFTS Univers
Best technical support for a software program that I’ve come across – painless for once!KH, Tunbridge Wells, UK