Absoft Pro Fortran Suite for Linux
Pro Fortran 2014- Builds Faster Code, Faster with Absoft’s Exclusive Dynamic AP Load Balancing Technology, AVX support, OpenMP 3.0 support, SMP Analyzer, Tools Plug-in, New HPC Scientific & Engineering Math Library, GPU options and more.
Absoft’s Pro Fortran 2014 tool suite automates building extremely fast parallel code on AMD and Intel multi-core systems. Compiler features include: APO, IPO, PGFDO optimizers, and Absoft’s exclusive Dynamic AP load balancing technology which can increase performance up to 20% on multi-core systems. New for Pro Fortran v2014 is AVX support, Absoft Window Environment (AWE), External Libraries and Tools Plug-in, expanded F2003 support and enhanced Fx3 graphical debugger. CUDA GPU support via nVidia’s CUDA libraries or HMPP preprocessor. New IMSL v7.0 numerical libraries are an available option.
The Absoft IDE is the only commercial Fortran/C++ development environment designed by Fortran experts. It includes: programmer’s editor, graphical SMP and Vector analyzer, Fx3 graphical debugger, SMP and MPI control features, user configurable external library and tools plug-in, HPC Scientific and Engineering Libraries, GPU support options and 2D/3D graphics.
All Pro Fortran products include premier technical support directly from Absoft, Quick Fixes and Service Packs. IMSL v7.0 highly optimized numerical and statistical libraries (1000+ routines) are a low cost bundle option. Pro Fortran is compatible with recent releases of Fedora Core, openSuse, Ubuntu, RedHat Enterprise Linux and CentOS. Pro Fortran is a complete solution, nothing else to buy or learn – AND it generates 20% faster code!
Absoft compilers automate building parallel code on multi-core systems. Advanced parallel and vector optimizers and AVX/SSE support ensures maximum application performance. OpenMP 3.0, SMP graphical code analyzer simplifies tuning and porting parallel code. Absoft’s new HPC Scientific and Engineering Libraries provides optimized core math routines. Extensive documentation with examples and usage tips are included in pdf format.
Independently verified as a top performing Fortran compiler for 64-bit Linux on both Intel® and AMD ® processors. The Absoft Fortran compilers support all common industry extensions allowing customers to obtain significant performance gains simply by recompiling existing programs with the new compilers. See 3rd party Fortran comparison – 9 compilers on 16 tests.
Includes the only IDE designed for Fortran. Absoft simplifies code development by solving the problems associated with generic IDEs and those such as Visual Studio and Xcode which are excellent for C++, but have no knowledge of Fortran. The Absoft IDE supports both Fortran and C and automatically provides proper syntax sensitivity, array indexing, etc. for each language and OpenMP and MPI control features. It includes everything you need for building desktop, HPC and MPI applications: F95 compilers, programmer’s editor, Fx3 graphical debugger, application framework, graphics and optimized math libraries in a single, easy-to-use package.
Single Solution – Linux, Windows and MacOS. Simplify code development for multiple platforms. Absoft provides same look and feel on every platform and allows you to build native applications for Linux, Windows and Mac from a single code base! Absoft’s exclusive MaxFlex license manager allows a single license to float across Linux/Windows/Mac, saving you time and money.
Key Features & Information:
- Most complete and easiest to use Fortran solution for x86 & x86_64 Linux – Nothing else to buy or learn
- Advanced optimizers include: Auto-Parallelization (APO), Inter-Procedural Analysis (IPA), Profile Guided Feedback Directed Optimization (PGFDO), Vectorization and SSE 4*/4.2 support, documented to generate best-of-class performance for 32-bit or 64-bit AMD and Intel processors
- Absoft’s proprietary Dynamic AP load balancing for up to 20% faster code
- Absoft Fortran 95 compiler operates in F95, F90 and F77 modes and supports all popular workstation extensions
- OpenMP 3.0 integrated in compiler and runtime
- OpenMP and MPICH control features in IDE
- OpenMP 3.0 Fortran session support in Fx3 graphical debugger
- SMP and vector code graphical analyzer
- New F2003 features
- Fully compatible with the GNU tool chain
- GPU support via nVIDIA CUDA libraries and HMPP preprocessor
- Complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with color programmer’s editor, debugger, and ability to execute select third party programs as plug-ins. All Pro Fortran compilers can be executed equally well from the IDE or command line
- Pre-configured libraries for linear algebra (BLAS, LAPACK95) plus BLACS and Scalapack for MPI environments. VAX/Unix-compatibility and 2D/3D graphics are all included as part of distribution at no additional charge
- IMSL numerical libraries with special functions for mathematics and statistics; and Visualization libraries with special numerical and visualization functions are available
- Source compatible versions available for MacOS and Windows – Multi-platform discounts available
- End user support directly from Absoft at no additional charge
Absoft Window Environment (AWE) – Qt based application framework for Fortran.
The Absoft Window Environment is a cross platform ( Linux, Windows and OS X ) graphical user interface for Fortran programs. A sizable, scrollable window provides an interface to the Fortran pre-connected unit numbers for input and output. Additional windows can be created using a simple extension to the Fortran OPEN statement. The contents of individual windows can be saved to disk or printer. Additional menus can be added to invoke program subroutines and functions. AWE can be configured to run as either an MDI (multiple document interface) or SDI (single document interface).
AbsoftTools External Libraries and Tools Plugin Support
The AbsoftTools development environment has been enhanced to allow the integration of additional libraries and tools. When support is added for a particular library, adding that library to a user project is just a matter of marking a check box. Pre-configured plugins are included for Plplot, NetCDF 3, NetCDF 4, HDF 4, and HDF 5. Documentation on creating additional plugins is also provided.
Fx3 Debugger Matrix View Array Display
The Fx3 Debugger includes a new Matrix view for two dimensional arrays.
Intel AVX instruction set support.
Absoft Pro Fortran 2014 contains support for the new AVX instruction set in the compiler and the Fx3 Debugger.
New Fortran 2003 Statements and Functions
The following generic functions have been added from F2008 to accept complex arguments
New features from the previous release include:
- Automatic Parallelization of Loops – across multiple cores
- Interprocedural Optimization – global code view improves performance
- Profile Guided Feedback Directed Optimization – reduces cache thrashing, branch mispredictions
- Absoft Dynamic AP technology – automatic load balancing
- Auto Vectorization – allows multiple loop iterations to execute in parallel
- Fortran 2003 ISO C bindings – simplifies mixed language development
- Full TR15581 – IEEE intrinsic module specifications
- OpenMP v3.0 – advances parallelism, simplifies threading and makes code more portable
- EXPLAIN Fortran Error Parsing
- OpenMP 3.0 thread support
- Enhanced user interface
- Parallel Make – speeds application builds
- OpenMP 3.0 – compile and runtime variables
- MPI control features
- SMP and Vector Analyzer – graphical code analysis tool facilitates code tuning
- Automatic F90 module dependency tracking – speeds builds
- Multiple Debug/Release Build Configurations
- External Makefile Based Projects
- Source Elements Navigator
- Math Libraries
- Prebuilt Reference LAPACK and BLAS libraries
- Prebuilt Scalapack and BLACS library for enhanced MPI support
- nVidia CUDA accelerator with coding example
- HMPP preprocessor with coding example
Documentation and White Papers
- Improved Absoft User Guide – documentation
- Updated Fortran Reference Guide – documentation
- Creating DLLs – white paper
- Optimization – white paper
- SMP and MPI Resources with coding tips – white paper
F2003/F2008 Supported Features
- IEEE Exceptions Module
- Value Statement/Attribute
- Protected Statement/Attribute
- Pointer W/Intent Attribute
- Allocatable Components (partial)
- ISO C bindings to F2003
The following generic functions have been added from F2008 to accept complex arguments
- ELF object file format
- Designed for AMD and Xeon processors
- DWARF debugging format
- Big Endian <-> Little Endian data conversion
- Absoft F90/95 and F77 are fully link compatible
- Link compatibility option with gcc, g77 and f2c
- Fortran Statement Extensions
Absoft Fortran fully supports automatic multi-threading of applications.
Absoft Pro Fortran includes integrated OpenMP 3.0 support in the compiler and the Absoft Fx3 graphical debugger, debugs OpenMP Fortran sessions.
Easy to Use:
‘Just Installs’ without modification on the latest 64-bit Linux implementations from Red Hat, SuSE, Mandrake, and other major builds and includes a complete User Guide with clear examples of editing, compiling, debugging and running programs.
Powerful and ease-to-use, the next generation Absoft Graphical IDE, and the Absoft Fx3 Debugger included with this compiler know if you are using C or Fortran and adjust key words, array indexing, etc. accordingly. Building and debugging mixed Fortran/C applications is easy.
Absoft manufactures high performance Fortran compiler suites for Windows, Macintosh(Intel & PPC), Intel/AMD Linux and PPC/Linux based systems.
Absoft compiler suites are source compatible across the different platforms which means that in most cases, only a recompile is needed to port code from one environment to another.
- Fortran 95 compiler with F2003 extensions and FORTRAN 77 mode
- Full Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with Editor, F95 modules, Fx3 Debugger and Parallel Make
- User Guide and F77/F90/95 Reference Manual in indexed PDF format
- Examples of using auto-parallelization, and improving performance with OpenMP are included in the documentation
- Scalapack and BLACS libraries for enhanced MPI support
- VAX/Unix compatibility libraries
- HDF 4 (Hierarchical Data Format) release 4.2.5 precompiled libraries
- HDF 5 (Hierarchical Data Format) release 1.8.5 precompiled libraries
- BLAS and LAPACK – pre-compiled linear algebra routines
- IMSL Fortran 6.0 Numerical Libraries in either 32-bit or 64-bit are available as options (requires separate license purchase).
Full technical support from professional support engineers, will help resolve any problems is included at no additional charge with each new product from Absoft.
To ensure your software continues running at maximum efficiency, all registered Absoft customers can download service packs and quick fixes at no charge. Customers can subscribe to Absoft’s free electronic newsletter to receive bulletins and update notices advising of new updates, changes in product releases, new product announcements and other useful information.
Absoft branded products include Premier Technical Support and Initial Software Maintenance at no additional charge from the time of purchase for as long as the purchased version remains the current release version.
Initial Software Maintenance (ISM) includes free electronic downloads of all interim Service Packs and Quick Fixes from Absoft. Version upgrades require separate purchase but at discounted prices.
At the conclusion of the Initial Software Maintenance term (i.e. when a new version of the purchased product is released) customers may either purchase a Product Upgrade or within 30 days of the new product release, purchase Continuing Software Maintenance for an additional 12-month maintenance term.
Continuing Software Maintenance (CSM) includes all elements of Premier Technical support plus all Product Upgrades issued during the 12-month Continuing Software Maintenance term. Annual renewals of Software Maintenance will be made available at low-cost to customers who renew within their unexpired Maintenance term.
For users electing not to renew Continuing Software Maintenance and having expired maintenance terms but later wishing to rejoin CSM, Reinstatement Software Maintenance (RSM) terms may be purchased.
Third party products distributed by Absoft are subject to license terms and policies of their respective manufacturers.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
You have set a benchmark standard that many other companies should aspire to.JS, Chippenham, UK
Origin lets you zoom in on an an area of the plot easily without having to rescale manually. I also love the data reader feature where you can follow a line or curve and view the exact coordinate values. Thanks for an awesome product!Rebecca, R&D Chemist 3, Champion Technologies
Here is to the best software support team – ever! Many, many thanks. You have definitely made my day! yay!! 🙂HE
Thank you so much for all your help this morning. Endnote works just fine now and I’m enjoying working on this editorial. I am almost tempted to add your name as a co-author, but the journal won’t allow it! Thanks again.DR RD
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.