Editor for Programming & Development
Color coded editor, syntax highlighting, and bookmarks
UltraEdit for Windows
UltraEdit delivers easy viewing and editing of code and variables. In addition to the standard editing functions such as undo, copy and paste, and searching, UltraEdit’s color-coded editor allows programmers to decipher different code types and variables, and you are going to love the powerful code-folding too.
Additional productivity enhancing features include delimiter matching that shows you the location of the opening and closing of parentheses, and bookmarking which helps you remember and find significant sections of code such as subroutines and constant declarations.
Features for programmers and developers…
- Disk based text editing
- Supports files in excess of 4GB
- Minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
- Configuration options for temp files and large file handling
- UTF-8/Unicode text editing support
- Native FTP client
- Includes support for SFTP (SSH2)
- Multiple account support
- Automatic save back to server without logon requirement
- Project/Workspace support
- Configurable keyboard mapping
- Column/block mode text editing
- Hexadecimal Editor
- Edit any binary file in hex edit mode
- Toggle between binary (hex mode) and ASCII view
- Code folding
- Fold any function or structure
- C/C++, HTML, XML, Java, Perl, PHP and more
- Collapse All and Expand All
- User configurable Syntax highlighting
- Pre-configured for C/C++, Visual Basic, C#, VBScript, ASP
- Nearly 500 wordfiles for different languages available
- Support for up to 20 languages in one wordfile
- Wordfiles available for hundreds of language
A hallmark of UltraEdit text editor is its language-specific support.
UltraEdit text editor also includes powerful CTAGS support.
Build a project-specific ctag file with the option to create automatically when opened, with fully configurable parameters and tag file for use outside of projects. The find symbol command will locate any symbol in the ctag file of the selected item or the item under cursor and position it in appropriate file… That’s the power of UltraEdit!
- Multi-byte support with integrated IME support
- Named templates
- Supports 64-bit file handling
- Standard on all 32-bit Windows platforms
- Artistic style formatter
- Powerful number convertor
- Selected number to binary, octal, decimal or hexadecimal
- Auto-correction of syntax-highlighted keywords
- Character properties pop-up dialog to show:
- Value of character in decimal/hex and display
- Offset of character from start of file in decimal/hex
UltraEdit text editor for Linux feature list
While the Linux version of UltraEdit does not initially include all of the features/functionality available in the Windows version, each future release will include additional functionality which is present in the Windows version but not yet available in the Linux version. Please check back frequently for updates on new additions. For this reason we have linked directly to IDM Computer Solutions site.
UltraEdit’s system requirements for Linux are also available on their site.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
I recommend EndNote to all my students who I supervise on dissertations at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Sometimes they ask if I get commission for doing this, which I do not. But the software is great, and fantastic time saver when putting journal articles or theses together.DF, W Yorks, UK
Thank you very much for your efforts and quick reply that saved my week (and work) – I really appreciate this!DP, London, UK
Course was excellent, Bob was very thorough, covering a lot of ground. The content was just what was required. Very pleased!
I have to thank you again for your help. The support level you have given gives me good confidence in using the product, knowing that there are solutions to problems that are not necessarily easy (or economic) for you to implement, but give the customer a working solution.CW, Cheltenham, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.