ADwin S7 PLC interface
The Simatic Fetch/Write communication via Ethernet network is a point-to-point connection between an ADwin system and a Simatic PLC. The connection enables write and read-only access to the system memory of the Simatic PLC. Access is available to data modules, flags, inputs, outputs, counters and timers.
The ADwin system is the client which runs the active communication. Seen from Simatic S7 the communication function is passive and only needs configuration. The PLC cannot access the ADwin system.
Requirements for access to a Simatic PLC:
- ADwin system with Ethernet interface ENET2, current firmware and Bootloader option
- Simatic PLC with Communication Processor (CP), which supports the Fetch/Write protocol
- Two configured network connections on the PLC, one for Fetch and one for Write.
In an ADbasic process a global parameter controls the communication with the PLC. The sent and received data, as well as the configuration data for communication, are stored in global arrays.
Parameters to be configured:
- Array numbers for sent and received data
- Number and start address of data to be transferred
- Network configuration of the PLC: IP and port numbers
- Type of system module (DB, flag, etc.)
- TCP/IP timeout and polling time.
Download the ADwin Communication to Simatic PLC datasheet for more information.
Supported Simatic CPs
Generally, all CPs may be used which support the Fetch/Write protocol via TCP.
- CP 343-1 Lean
- CP 343-1 IT
- CP 343-1
- CP 343-1 Advanced
- CP 343-1 PN.
- CP 443-1
- CP 443-1 Advanced
- CP 443-1 IT.
What do our Customers say about us?
Ref: Mathtype 6.6a. I love this product, thanks for decent support on this softwareJT, Derbyshire, UK
Very happy with the service. Very professional staff and always helpful.UO, Athlone, Ireland
Thank you for all your efforts. A perfect example of what support should be. Again thank you.GT
Bob worked tirelessly over many hours (and days!) to try to resolve the issue. His efforts were truly appreciated on my behalf. He was polite, caring and nothing was too much trouble. Many, many thanks Bob.JO
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.