Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020
This comprehensive suite of development tools makes it simpler to build and modernize code with the latest techniques in vectorization, multithreading, multinode parallelization, and memory optimization. It enables C, C++, Fortran, and Python* software developers to:
Create faster code: Boost application performance that scales on current and future Intel platforms.
Build code faster: Simplify the process of creating parallel code.
What is new in Intel XE 2020
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 boosts performance, increases productivity, and eases scalability more than ever for HPC and compute-intensive applications. Whether you build for big data analytics, machine and deep learning, or thousands of other performance-critical applications, this tool-packed suite harnesses the full capabilities inside Intel Xeon and Xeon Phi processors and coprocessors.
Here are some of the XE 2020 highlights:
• Speed artificial intelligence inferencing. Intel® Compilers, Intel® Performance Libraries and analysis tools support Intel® Deep Learning Boost, which includes Vector Neural Network Instructions (VNNI) in 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors (codenamed Cascade Lake/AP platforms)
• Develop for large memories of up to 512GB DIMMs with Persistence. Identify, optimize, and tune Intel® platforms for Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory using Intel® VTune™ Profiler
• Stay up to date with the latest standards support providing additional Fortran 2018 features, full support of C++17 with initial C++20 support, and expanded OpenMP 4.5/5.0 support.
• Use extended coarse grain profiling with platform-level collection and analysis in Intel VTune Profiler to understand and optimize platform configuration for applications. Intel® Parallel Studio XE helps developers take their HPC, enterprise, AI, and cloud applications to the max—with fast, scalable, and portable parallel code Code that Performs High-Performance Computing
• HPC cloud support. Take advantage of the AWS* Parallel Cluster* and AWS Elastic Fabric Adapter* for low-latency, high-bandwidth communications for MPI applications with Intel® MPI Library.
• Supports the latest Intel® processors including Intel Xeon Scalable processors (codenamed Cascade Lake, Cascade Lake AP, Cooper Lake, and Ice Lake).
• Supports new OS — Amazon Linux* 2 (supported features of tools and libraries may vary by instances and configurations).
Intel® Parallel Studio XE tool suite simplifies the design, development, debug, and tuning of code that utilizes parallel processing to boost application performance. Get more application performance with less effort on compatible Intel® processors and coprocessors.
Three editions based on your development needs:
- Composer Edition, for building applications, includes: the C/C++ and Fortran optimizing compilers, Intel Math Kernel Library, Intel Integrated Performance Primitives library for fast image, signal, and data processing, Intel TBB C++ Threading Library, Intel DAAL data analytics library, and the optimized Intel Distribution for Python.
> view pricing options
- Professional Edition adds analysis tools: Intel VTune Profiler for performance profiling, Intel Inspector for memory and thread debugging, and Intel Advisor, for optimizing vectorization and thread prototyping.
> view pricing options
- Cluster Edition adds cluster tools: Intel Cluster Checker, an expert system for analyzing cluster diagnostics, Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector for MPI tuning and analysis, and the Intel MPI Library.
> view pricing options
*Intel Parallel Studio Composer and Professional Editions are available for Fortran or C++, or Fortran and C++. If you purchase the standalone Fortran or C++ version the other language will be excluded.
Library & parallel model details
Eliminate bottlenecks in code
Optimize serial and parallel performance with an advanced performance and thread profiler (Intel® VTune™ Profiler XE). Tune C, C++, C#, Fortran, Assembly and Java* applications.
Deliver More Reliable Applications
Find bugs before they happen with an easy to use memory and threading debugger (Intel ® Inspector XE) for C, C++, C# and Fortran applications.
Painlessly find the best threading solution
Find the greatest parallel performance potential and identify critical synchronization issues quickly with a threading design and prototyping tool (Intel® Advisor XE) for C, C++, C# and Fortran applications.
Achieve high performance, low latency MPI communications using the latest MPI 5.0 standard with Intel’s MPI library.
Speed MPI Communications with Profiling and Analysis
Use the MPI debugger and profiler (Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector) to understand MPI application correctness and behavior by visualizing applications behavior.
Will Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2020 work with my existing environment?
Yes. Our tools plug seamlessly into Visual Studio* and the GNU tool chain to keep you productive while preserving your development environment investment. Intel® Parallel Studio XE offers excellent compatibility with leading compilers. Intel tools also support development and maintenance of software targeted to run on systems using processors compatible with the Intel® architecture.
How does a developer start developing parallel programs to take advantage of Intel® processors?
Optimizing for today’s multi-core platforms is the best way to be ready to use Intel® Many Integrated Core Architecture (Intel® MIC Architecture). Adopting Intel® Software Development Tools and programming models today will protect your programming investment moving forward as new processor technologies are introduced. C and C++ programmers should start with Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) and Intel® Cilk™ Plus, which are included in Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® Cluster Studio XE. These offer task-based abstractions to exploit parallelism with a set of task and data parallel models that are portable, scalable, reliable and future-proof. These models easily integrate into existing applications, preserving software and hardware investments.
Fortran programmers, and many C programmers, should look at OpenMP. Fortran programmers also have the new Coarray Fortran capabilities in the Intel® Fortran compilers.
Where can I get an evaluation copy of Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2020?
30 day evaluation versions of Intel® Software Development Products are available for free download. You can get free support during the evaluation period by creating an Intel® Premier Support account after requesting the evaluation license.
What student discounts are available for Intel® Software Development Tools?
Students are able to get all of our tools for a large discount. Intel is dedicated to helping students build skills to become more employable for jobs in the IT industry. If you are a college or university student enrolled in a degree-granting program, you will receive a significant discount off the retail price of select software development tools.
What offers are available for academic researchers?
Faculty using our tools for research purposes can receive a substantial discount compared to our commercial offerings.
How do I get Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2020?
If you have an active Software Subscription, you will automatically get the new release. You will receive an email notification, advising you of the availability and where to obtain update. You can also go to Intel® Software Development Products Registration Center. If your subscription has expired, you must renew or buy a new subscription. Additional Information.
I am only interested in a single development language. What version of the tools should I get?
Intel® Parallel Studio XE addresses development for C, C++ and Fortran. Intel® Fortran Studio XE and Intel® C++ Studio XE development suites are also available to address those developing only in a single language. Intel® Cluster Studio XE is only available with support for C, C++ and Fortran.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
I am very grateful for your prompt and kind answers to my problems. It is rarely a pleasure to complain about something, but this time it has been both pleasant and helpful. I can only regret that I did not use Swedish with Linda, men vi kan sHV, Helsinki, Finland
Tutor was very knowledgeable and taught in a way that was easy to followKH, Uxbridge, UK
I greatly appreciated the fact that you did what you said you would do – not everyone is so nice and punctilious as you.Dr PL, Kent, UK
Thank you for your very efficient and prompt help. It is a pleasure to do business with switched-on companies like yours. Thanks to you I have ordered the product today via your WebStore.DM, Tain, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.