Aim of the course (for all public courses)
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge required to get the most out of EndNote’s extensive capabilities.
Who should attend?
Anyone using EndNote to develop and manage their reference collection and write papers.
During the day you will:
- Learn about EndNote database and record structure
- Directly Import into EndNote from online databases (e.g. Web of Knowledge, ScienceDirect)
- Import references via text files
- Search online databases via EndNote using Connection Files (e.g. PubMed, z39.50 sites)
- Learn how to organise references with groups
- Generate bibliographies within Microsoft Word
- Create Subject Bibliographies
- Work with PDFs – finding, attaching, viewing, annotating.
- Be introduced to Import filters and Output Styles and EndNote Web
Want to develop more advanced software skills with EndNote?
If you’d like to learn how to adapt EndNote to suit the way you work (such as creating and editing new reference types, import filters and output styles etc.) we can arrange additional ‘Customising EndNote’ training days if there is sufficient interest. Please call +44 (0) 203 695 7810 for more information.
At Adept Scientific
As an individual you could come to one of our open-house courses here at the Adept Scientific Head Quarters. Dedicate a whole day out of the office to improving your EndNote knowledge without distractions.
Closer to Home
If you are an organisation with several users, we could come to your office. Or, if you don’t have training facilities onsite, we could hold the training at a venue near you. The training style and content is also up to you. To introduce a large group of new users to EndNote, you might consider a seminar-style quick-start session, while our hands-on training is perfect for workgroups and users who need a more comprehensive understanding for everyday usage. And remember: our training can be customised to suit your needs – just ask!
Need short, one-to-one LIVE training sessions that focus on particular aspects of using EndNote and take place in a familiar environment of your office or home? Choose from one of our Standard Modules, or book a bespoke session which could include using your own data, or tackling specific areas of EndNote.
Please call +44 (0) 203 695 7810 for more details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discounts available for early booking & multiple delegates.