What's New in EndNote X8
What’s new in EndNote X8
- Share your library with up to 100 other EndNote desktop users on X7.2 or later; providing teams with immediate real time access to the same set of references, attachments, notes and annotations
- Access the Activity Feed to see what your colleagues are doing in the Shared Library and when new members join
- New, modern, easy to identify icons – identical across both Mac and Windows
- Updated workflows for finding reference updates
- Every X8 library includes a built in Recently Added group which can be customized, allowing users to pick up right where they left off in the research workflow
- Configure Sync option in the Groups pane to simplify desktop activation process
- Utilize unlimited file attachment storage in your online library
- Cite While You Write for Microsoft Word 2016
What’s new in EndNote X7
- Brand-new library sharing with up to 14 colleagues, anywhere in the world
- A global research community that lives in EndNote online
- Mac® and Windows® compatibility – install on up to 3 computers of either type
- Background synchronization so your work is continuously saved online
- Advanced PDF importing, file naming and organizing
- Expanded format options, with more than 5,000 reference styles
- Bibliography subheadings for more control and flexibility
- New choices for organizing your research materials
- New reference types such as interview, podcast, conference paper and press release.
- A plug-in for adding citations to Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides (Windows only).
EndNote X7 syncs all your citations, attachments, reference groups and annotations so you have access anywhere, anytime.
|Synchronize EndNote references and groups across desktop, online and iPad®||✓||✓|
|Install and sync libraries across Windows® and Mac® platforms||✓||✓|
|Free 2-year access to my.endnote.com with advanced features||✓||✓|
|File attachment storage||2 GB||5 GB||5 GB||Unlimited|
|Find full text & PDF auto-import|
|PDF auto-import folder||✓|
|Improved Quick Search with multi-phrase search of all fields, including PDF full text and notes||✓|
|Automatically create reference groups when importing folders and subfolders of PDFs||✓|
|Open separate PDF annotion/reference window with a button||✓||✓|
|Built-in PDF viewer with annotation tools||✓||✓||✓|
|One-click Find Full Text with OpenURL and ezProxy support||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Personalize display of ratings and read/unread status||✓|
|Choose how you’d like your PDFs renamed in your library||✓|
|Optimize screen layout options for widescreen or traditional monitors||✓||✓|
|Make field substitutions in styles||✓||✓||✓|
|Options when saving a compressed copy of library||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Free library sharing, unlimited library size, unlimited cloud storage||✓|
|Category bibliography options in Cite While You Write for Microsoft Word||✓|
|Insert citations and references into PowerPoint (Windows only)||✓|
|Cite While You Write support for Apache Open Office||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hyperlinked in-text citations||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Multiple bibliographies in a single document||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Auto-reference with redlines|
|Reference types for podcast, interview and press release||✓|
|Automatically find reference updates||✓||✓||✓|
|Quick Edit tab||✓||✓||✓||✓|
What do our Customers say about us?
Bob delivered an engaging and interesting course. His style was very enjoyable.
Excellent – a natural teacher! Approachable and willing to help us individuallyPD, Manchester, UK
I have tested the program with my instrument. It is now working very well, and I am really very happy with it. Many thanks for all your help indeed. I am deeply impressed by your enthusiastic contributions to it.JX, Oxford, UK
Took me from a complete beginner to a user in very easy steps.
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.