QAx: ActiveX Components for Embedded Real Time SPC
- ActiveX-based SPC for the applications developer and systems integrator
- Easily embed SPC within other software applications
- Comprehensive SPC charting and Process Capability analysis
- Configurability of NWA Quality Analyst
- Complete SPC graphics, statistical results, and exception reports
- Easy to implement and maintain
NWA QAx is the leading ActiveX-based solution when you need statistical process control (SPC) charting for product development and systems integration projects. With NWA QAx you can provide the SPC charting and analysis capabilities of NWA Quality Analyst embedded in your application.
NWA QAx is a complete SPC software development tool kit. It allows you to embed ActiveX-based SPC technology into your application and supply a user interface that matches your users’ needs and the rest of your application’s look-and-feel. The NWA QAx controls provide statistical results, graphics displays, and lists of alarms and exceptions. The graphical display supports click-events to display drill-down information for each point, such as date/time stamp, lot, or batch number.
Alarms and exceptions can be defined based on violations of control limits, specifications, pattern rules (such as the Western Electric and Westgard Rules), or fixed limits. These are returned to the application in real time, providing the support needed to drive alarm displays and produce exception reports. NWA QAx can be used for SPC applications ranging from graphical displays of SPC charts to behind-the-scenes process monitoring.
Compatible with NWA Quality Analyst
Applications using NWA QAx also integrate seamlessly with NWA Quality Analyst, simplifying your SPC solution design and reducing development time and support requirements. Your application can be designed to meet the more basic needs of typical users, while those who require more sophisticated analytical capabilities can use the full capabilities of NWA Quality Analyst.
Comprehensive, Yet Easy to Implement
NWA QAx is a well-established ActiveX solution with several years of use in SCADA, LIMS and MES applications. NWA QAx is both comprehensive and easy to implement. Basic SPC charts can be added to your application with a few lines of code, while hundreds of methods and properties are available to support the most complex requirements. Flexible data methods make it easy to populate and manage Data Sets of up to 200 variables, while a “validate” method checks to ensure correct use of the configuration properties before execution.
With NWA QAx, you get more than a set of development tools – you get a partner in adding SPC capability to your product or project. NWA is the leader in SPC, with over 20 years experience and over 5000 customers worldwide. We can help ensure that your application of SPC is done right and meets your users’ needs.
And, to help get you started, NWA QAx comes with a library of over 20 easy-to-follow sample applications that cover the full range of its capabilities.
- Industry-standard ActiveX architecture
- Complete SPC and Process Capability Analysis
- Includes Regression, Scatter, and other statistical graphics
- Data capacity of 200 columns by 999,999 rows
Charts and Statistics
- Standard Deviation
- Pareto Diagram
- Variable Control Charts
- Attribute Control Charts
- Process Capability Diagrams and Reports
- Clinical Studies
- Westgard Rules
- Stability Study Calculations
- Configurable Rule Violations
- Configurable Graphics Displays
- Print Chart Capability
- Provide Descriptive Variables
- Multi-chart Display
SPCx: Real Time SPC for HMI/SCADA systems
(available for InTouch* and FactoryTalk View SE*)
- All Standard SPC Charts
- No Scripting Required
- Assignable Cause and Corrective Action
- Real-time Process Status and Exception Reporting
- Quick, Easy Setup and Configuration
NWA SPCx is an online, real-time, SPC tool that embeds within any InTouch* or FactoryTalk View SE* application. It provides operators, engineers, and managers with timely monitoring of their critical product and process parameters.
NWA SPCx makes it easy to incorporate ActiveX-based real-time SPC into Wonderware InTouch and Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE applications with the most advanced on-line SPC product available.
The Power of Quality Analyst
SPCx provides a full range of SPC charts with the configurability of our award-winning NWA Quality Analyst® charting and analysis package.
Key Features of SPCx
- Connects directly to InTouch or FactoryTalk View SE tags for real-time SPC charting and analysis
- Multiple SPC charts may be simultaneously displayed in a single window, and updated in real time
- Users can select predefined or ad hoc Assignable Cause and Corrective Action for any data point
- Annotations can be added directly to the charts
- Status screen displays visual alarms for specifications and SPC violations
- Simple and intuitive point-and-click interface with no scripting required
Real-time Process Status Display
The configurable status view displays color-coded visual indicators of the alarm status for each variable based on any combination of specifications, SPC limits, or pattern rules. Users simply click on an indicator to display an updated SPC chart and exception report for that tag.
Interactive Graphics Display
By clicking on a point of interest, you can drill down to see more information about that point, add text comments, or select from predefined lists of Assignable Causes and Corrective Actions.
Easy to Configure
Deploying on-line SPC applications is made easier with SPCx Designer to create product and process variables and associate them with InTouch or FactoryTalk View SE tags.
* Configure different views of the data including status screens, control charts, and exception reports.
* Point-and-click set-up and configuration. No scripting required, even for advanced features.
* Connects directly to InTouch or FactoryTalk View SE tags with time- or event-based sampling.
* Attach to any ODBC-compliant database.
* Low cost of ownership with streamlined configuration and maintenance.
Easy to Set Up
Once installed, SPCx can be up and running in minutes. Simply add SPCx as an ActiveX control to your InTouch or FactoryTalk View SE window and use the tag browser to select the tags you want to monitor and chart. The point-and-click user interface and tabbed dialogs make it easy to set up SPC charts, status and alarm conditions, sampling plans, and the other configuration parameters that allow you to adapt to any SPC requirement. No scripting is required.
The Next Steps
What do our Customers say about us?
Thank you – again! Even those of us who do not like being the damsel in distress sometimes have need of knights in shining armour.SA, Bradford, UK
Very happy with the service. Very professional staff and always helpful.UO, Athlone, Ireland
Yet again Origin and OriginPro upholds its foremost status as the best purposeful and all-embracing data analysis and graphing software on the market. Although other software packages exist, few are as straightforward to use, flexible, and high-quality when it comes to performing challenging data analysis or creating publication superior graphs.Keith J. Stevenson, Professor of Chemistry, The University of Texas at Austin
Thanks very much for all your time, it was really appreciated. As always Adept has been my number one company!MA, Crawley, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.