SimStat What's New
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 2.6?
1. REFRESHED LOOK
Users will immediately notice SimStat 2.6’s updated interface. We have implemented a more modern-looking design, with additional icons for ease-of-use.
2. PROJECTS ARE NOW STORED IN A SINGLE FILE
Simstat data files are now stored in a single file (with a .ppj file extension), providing an easier way to manage projects (delete, rename, move, etc.). This will allow projects to be stored on folders synchronized through a network or in online storage (Dropbox, SkyDrive, etc.). Consequently, changes will no longer be saved automatically on disk, but will require the use of new, yet familiar SAVE and SAVE AS commands.
3- SUPPORT OF THE REPORT MANAGER
SimStat now integrates the Report Manager features introduced in QDA Miner 3.0, allowing users to store documents, tables, graphics, and text outputs produced by QDA Miner, WordStat and now SimStat in a single location. The Report Manager is structured in an outline, allowing users to easily view, edit, reorganize and write draft versions of reports.
4. NEW, EASIER TO USE FILE CREATION AND VARIABLE ADDITION DIALOG BOX.
We have improved the dialogue boxes for project creation and for adding new variables to provide a more consistent interface between QDA Miner and Simstat.
5. SUPPORT OF QDA MINER CASE DESCRIPTORS
The SimStat case label feature has been improved to support the QDA Miner case descriptor feature.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 2.5?
1. New factor analysis module (formerly Easy Factor Analysis add-on).
- Image covariance or principal components and principal axis analysis on up to 2000 variables.
- QType factor analysis
- Number of factors extracted can be set manually or adjusted to a minimum eigenvalue criteria
- Scree plot of eigenvalues.
- Optional varimax orthogonal rotation of factor loadings.
- Optional printing of descriptive statistics and correlation matrix for all the variables in the data set.
- Printing of unrotated and/or rotated factor solutions.
- Can compute factor scoring weights for both the rotated and unrotated solutions.
- Factor scores can be displayed on screen or saved on disk
2. New classical item analysis module (formely StatItem add-on) for scale development and testing of multiple-choice item questionnaires.
- Can perform item analysis on questionnaires with up to 2000 items.
- Missing values can be excluded (case wise) or treated as incorrect responses.
- Item statistics (frequency & percentage of endorsement, item-total biserial & point-biserial correlation, Cronbach’s alpha if item deleted, user defined discrimination index).
- Item-total endorsement rate matrix and item characteristic curves (based on original scores or smoothed data)
- Item-total response breakdown to compare the percentage of correct responses among several groups of equal size (between 2 and 10 groups)
- Scale total statistics (mean, median, minimum and maximum, standard deviation, standard error, skewness, kurtosis, Cronbach’s alpha, Ferguson discrimination index, etc)
- Summary statistics on percent correct, biserial and point-biserial correlations.
- Frequency distribution of total scores.
- Option to save scale totals on disk.
3. Importation of Microsoft Accesss data files.
4. Notebook window now stores results in Rich Text Format (fixed font).
- Ability to change font attributes (bold, italic, strikeout, underline, color).
- Ability to highlight text.
- Ability to print highlighted outputs and export them to RTF files.
5. Web update provides an easy way to get interim releases of SimStat.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
I have to thank you again for your help. The support level you have given gives me good confidence in using the product, knowing that there are solutions to problems that are not necessarily easy (or economic) for you to implement, but give the customer a working solution.CW, Cheltenham, UK
Thank you – again! Even those of us who do not like being the damsel in distress sometimes have need of knights in shining armour.SA, Bradford, UK
The new Quick Fit Gadget is fantastic and I absolutely love that I can output results to a worksheet so that I can get a column of a particular parameter on which I can do statistical analysis.Greg Scott, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
At 13-years old, my daughter’s research manuscript has been accepted for publication in a top tier peer-reviewed Environmental Science journal and OriginPro 8.6 will allow her to export the graphs in a wide variety of formats which can meet any publisher’s requirements. Kudos to OriginLab for designing innovative and intuitive software that can span the needs of both a burgeoning young scientist like my daughter to a PhD expert in their field. It is hard to imagine that other products offer this extraordinary level of user versatility.Michael Grimmett, MD, FACP, FACS Ophthalmologist Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.