Modelling, Simulation and Control System Design
VisSim is a block diagram language for creating complex nonlinear dynamic systems. To create a model, simply drag blocks in the workspace and connect them with wires. Then click the Go button to initiate your simulation. The response is instantaneous. You can choose to display your response in 2D or 3D plots, gauges, bar charts, meters, digital readouts, and even 3D animated scenes. All are driven in real time using the VisSim engine.
VisSim’s highly tuned math engine executes your diagram directly with no compilation delay. In addition to accelerating development with rapid turnaround for changes, VisSim’s fast execution speed is perfect for model based operator training, off-line controller tuning, and hardware-in-the-loop testing. Its efficient C code generator makes it an ideal platform for model-based embedded system development.
By combining the simplicity and clarity of a block diagram interface with a high-performance mathematical engine, VisSim provides fast and accurate solutions for linear, nonlinear, continuous time, discrete time, SISO, MIMO, multi-rate, and hybrid systems. With VisSim’s wide selection of block operations and expression handling, complex systems can be quickly entered into VisSim.
VisSim’s tightly integrated development platform makes it easy to pass freely among the stages of model construction, simulation, optimization, and validation. This means you can create virtual prototypes on your desktop and make sure they’re working properly before committing to the design. And because VisSim eliminates traditional programming, your learning time is minimal.
VisSim has libraries of preconstructed components giving you access to high level models of subsystems like HVAC units, AC and DC electric motors, hydraulic components, gas turbines, human respiration and blood flow, 6-DOF airframe dynamics, counters, timers, logic, and much more. Just right click to get a dialog box, configure to your system parameters, connect the wires and go.
3D trajectory plot of Cornu’s Spiral
3D VRML animation of a Lunar Lander
VisSim supports interactive 3D plotting and 3D animation as shown above.
For specialized engineering problems, VisSim offers a comprehensive set of companion products for frequency domain analysis, C code generation, communications system modelling, DSP and embedded system design, neural networks, OPC, CAN, and real-time analog and digital I/O. These addon modules are listed in the Products sidebar.
With over 100 thousand users across a broad range of industries and disciplines, VisSim is a world leader in dynamic simulation software and model-based development.
- Drag-and-drop block diagram construction
- 120+ built-in linear and nonlinear blocks
- Integrated Newton-Raphson solver for dynamic systems with implicit equations
- Toolbox functions for control, electromechanical design, hydraulics, signal processing, process, power, chemical, thermal, and turbines
- ODE solvers include Euler, trapezoidal, Runge Kutta 2nd and 4th orders, adaptive Bulirsh-Stoer and Runge Kutta 5th order
- Stiff ODE solvers include backward Euler, adaptive Adams-Moulton and BDF algorithms
- MatLab, Mathcad, and Maple integration
- Interactive input with buttons, sliders and dialogs, and interactive outputs with numeric displays, 2D, 3D plots, strip charts, meters, gauges, lights, and animations
- Linear transfer function block with IIR and FIR filter wizard. Implements Laplace transform in S domain, and also supports discrete Z domain operation. Has bilinear (Tustin) Z transform to and from S domain, complex pole/zero specification, fixed point simulation and code generation
- Nonlinear parameter optimization
- Extensive matrix operations (inverse,multiply,min,max,linear solve,transpose,resection,FFT,InverseFFT,vbuffer,spreadsheet data entry,etc)
- Matrix, Complex number and string support
- DLL wizard for custom C, C++, Fortran, and Pascal blocks
- Synchronous and asynchronous DDE
- Hierarchical models with password protection
- Extensive on-line help
- Embedded subdiagrams with multi-rate subsystems
- Read and write data files in .txt, .csv, .m, .wav, .mat formats
- Built-in C interpreter
- State Machine simulation and code generation integrated with continuous engine
- Free VisSim Viewer
|VisSim Professional||Block diagram based modelling and simulation software. Required core product. Includes the VisSim/Viewer.|
|VisSim Integrations||All VisSim versions include integration tools for MATLAB, SIMULINK & Maple.|
|VisSim/Analyze||Linearizes non-linear systems. Performs Bode, root locus and Nyquist analysis of continuous and discrete systems. Provides pole placement control design.|
|VisSim/C-Code||Automatically converts VisSim models into highly optimized, ANSI C code that can be compiled and run on any platform that supports an ANSI C compiler.|
|VisSim/Fixed Point||Simulates the behaviour of fixed-point algorithms prior to code generation and implementation of the algorithm on fixed-point hardware.|
|VisSim/ModelWizard||A wizard-based product that generates a transfer function model form historic or real-time data.|
|VisSim/Motion||A block set that enables engineers to model and simulate motion control systems by using a pre-built motion component library.|
|VisSim/NeuralNet||Add-on for nonlinear system identification, problem diagnosis, decision making, prediction and other problems where pattern recognition is important and precise computational answers are not readily available.|
|VisSim/OPC||A block set to provide universal communication with OPC (OLE for Process Control) compliant servers.|
|VisSim/OptimizePRO||Calculates optimal values for design variables subject to user-defined constraints starting from initial user guess values.|
|VisSim/Real-TimePRO||Provides the capability to couple a system model directly with a real process or controller for real-time hardware-in-the-loop simulation and validation. Communication to the test stand/prototype/control hardware through standard data acquisition cards. No programming required.|
|VisSim/Serial||lets you read and write standard RS232 serial bytes from the VisSim block diagram via Serial read/write blocks.|
|VisSim/State Charts||lets you graphically create, edit, simulate and generate C-code for finite-state machines within the VisSim design environment.|
|VisSim/UDP||lets you read and write standard UDP internet packets from the VisSim block diagram via UDP read/write blocks.|
|VisSim Viewer||Free runtime, view-only version of VisSim. Included with VisSim Professional|
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
I have tested the program with my instrument. It is now working very well, and I am really very happy with it. Many thanks for all your help indeed. I am deeply impressed by your enthusiastic contributions to it.JX, Oxford, UK
Your technicians are always really friendly, reassuring and helpful.HM, Cambs, UK
I can only say I wish all suppliers were as helpful as you.CP, Newport, UK
When working with many data points, graphing is often the quickest way to qualify data and identify trends. With the Origin statistics gadget, it’s also easy to pull quantitative information, such as mean and standard deviation, straight from a data plot. This lets me make better decisions about which data to select for more detailed analysis.Boaz Vilozny - Postdoctoral Researcher, University of California at Santa Cruz
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.