Simulation & Control System Design
Simple sin with plot
VisSim is a block diagram language for creating complex nonlinear
dynamic systems. To create a model, simply drag blocks in the workspace
and connect them with wires. Then click the Go button to initiate
your simulation. The response is instantaneous. You can choose to
display your response in 2D or 3D plots, gauges, bar charts, meters,
digital readouts, and even 3D animated scenes. All are driven in
real time using the VisSim engine.
VisSim's highly tuned math engine executes your diagram directly
with no compilation delay. In addition to accelerating development
with rapid turnaround for changes, VisSim's fast execution speed
is perfect for model based operator training, off-line controller
tuning, and hardware-in-the-loop testing. Its efficient C code generator
makes it an ideal platform for model-based embedded system development.
By combining the simplicity and clarity of a block diagram interface
with a high-performance mathematical engine, VisSim provides fast
and accurate solutions for linear, nonlinear, continuous time, discrete
time, SISO, MIMO, multi-rate, and hybrid systems. With VisSim's wide
selection of block operations and expression handling, complex systems
can be quickly entered into VisSim.
AM+FM modulation diagram with plot
VisSim's tightly integrated development platform makes it easy to
pass freely among the stages of model construction, simulation, optimization,
and validation. This means you can create virtual prototypes on your
desktop and make sure they're working properly before committing
to the design. And because VisSim eliminates traditional programming,
your learning time is minimal.
VisSim has libraries of preconstructed components giving you access
to high level models of subsystems like HVAC units, AC and DC electric
motors, hydraulic components, gas turbines, human respiration and
blood flow, 6-DOF airframe dynamics, counters, timers, logic, and
much more. Just right click to get a dialog box, configure to your
system parameters, connect the wires and go.
VisSim supports interactive 3D plotting and 3D animation as shown above.
For specialized engineering problems, VisSim offers a comprehensive
set of companion products for frequency domain analysis, C code generation,
communications system modeling, DSP and embedded system design, neural
networks, OPC, CAN, and real-time analog and digital I/O. These addon
modules are listed in the Products sidebar.
With over 100 thousand users across a broad range of industries
and disciplines, VisSim is a world leader in dynamic simulation software
and model-based development.
- Drag-and-drop block diagram construction
- 120+ built-in linear and nonlinear blocks
- Integrated Newton-Raphson solver for dynamic systems with implicit equations
- Toolbox functions for control, electromechanical design, hydraulics, signal processing, process, power, chemical, thermal, and turbines
- ODE solvers include Euler, trapezoidal, Runge Kutta 2nd and 4th orders, adaptive Bulirsh-Stoer and Runge Kutta 5th order
- Stiff ODE solvers include backward Euler, adaptive Adams-Moulton and BDF algorithms
- MatLab, Mathcad, and Maple integration
- Interactive input with buttons, sliders and dialogs, and interactive outputs with numeric displays, 2D, 3D plots, strip charts, meters, gauges, lights, and animations
- Linear transfer function block with IIR and FIR filter wizard. Implements Laplace transform in S domain, and also supports discrete Z domain operation. Has bilinear (Tustin) Z transform to and from S domain, complex pole/zero specification, fixed point simulation and code generation
- Nonlinear parameter optimization
- Extensive matrix operations (inverse,multiply,min,max,linear solve,transpose,resection,FFT,InverseFFT,vbuffer,spreadsheet data entry,etc)
- Matrix, Complex number and string support
- DLL wizard for custom C, C++, Fortran, and Pascal blocks
- Synchronous and asynchronous DDE
- Hierarchical models with password protection
- Extensive on-line help
- Embedded subdiagrams with multi-rate subsystems
- Read and write data files in .txt, .csv, .m, .wav, .mat formats
- Built-in C interpreter
- State Machine simulation and code generation integrated with continuous engine
- Free VisSim Viewer
||Linearizes non-linear systems. Performs Bode, root
locus and Nyquist analysis of continuous and discrete systems. Provides
pole placement control design.
||Automatically converts VisSim models into highly optimized,
ANSI C code that can be compiled and run on any platform that supports
an ANSI C compiler.
|VisSim/Digital Power Designer
||Provides high-level blocks for simulation and code generation of power supply and digital power components and controls.
|| Simulates the behaviour of fixed-point algorithms
prior to code generation and implementation of the algorithm on
||A wizard-based product that generates a transfer function
model form historic or real-time data.
||A block set that enables engineers to model and simulate
motion control systems by using a pre-built motion component library.
|| Add-on for nonlinear system identification, problem
diagnosis, decision making, prediction and other problems where
pattern recognition is important and precise computational answers
are not readily available.
|| A block set to provide universal communication with
OPC (OLE for Process Control) compliant servers.
||Calculates optimal values for design variables subject
to user-defined constraints starting from initial user guess values.
||Provides the capability to couple a system model directly
with a real process or controller for real-time hardware-in-the-loop
simulation and validation. Communication to the test stand/prototype/control
hardware through standard data acquisition cards. No programming
||lets you read and write standard RS232 serial bytes from the VisSim block diagram via Serial read/write blocks.
||lets you graphically create, edit, simulate and generate C-code for finite-state machines within the VisSim design environment.
||lets you read and write standard UDP internet packets from the VisSim block diagram via UDP read/write blocks.
||Free runtime, view-only version of VisSim. Included with VisSim