solidThinking Inspire 2017
solidThinking Inspire allows design engineers, product designers and architects to investigate structurally efficient concepts quickly and easily. This can lead to reduced costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight.
The new featured-packed release of solidThinking Inspire 2017 introduces many groundbreaking new features including:
- The new Motion tool allows users to easily mechanize their models and investigate system motion to predict loads for moving parts.
- The Topography Optimization tools can be used to change shapes of shell structures by introducing stamped bead patterns for better structural performance.
- Updated Partition Tools allow users to divide a part into design and non-design regions by selecting a hole, pocket, or face to offset.
- The Bolt Pretension tool allows users to achieve more accurate results when bolts are under pretension.
- The new Gauge Optimization feature allows users to optimize the thickness of surface parts. Gauge optimization can be run by itself, or at the same time as topography optimization.
- Motion analysis results for a part can now be extracted for use in structural (FE) analysis and optimization. Peak loads will be automatically extracted from the motion simulation and used in analysis and optimization runs.
- Users can now define forces, torques, and g-Loads in terms of their x, y, z components.
- When optimizing fasteners, users can now constrain the axial and shear forces using the optimization properties in the Property Editor.
In addition to the best-in-class features added in solidThinking Inspire 2017 and Inspire 2017.1, the latest release, Inspire 2017.2 adds the following new features:
- Transient Load Extraction for Motion: Motion analysis results for a part can now be extracted for use in structural (FE) analysis and optimization. Peak loads from transient analysis will be automatically extracted from the motion simulation and used in analysis and optimization runs.
- Multi-Feature Loads and Supports: You can now double-click or hold the Ctrl key to apply a single load to multiple points, edges, or faces. This new feature can be used when applying loads, pressures, torques, supports, and enforced displacements.
- Move Faces Tool: The new Move Faces tool allows you to translate or rotate holes, pockets, and surface features.
- Move Tool Alignment: The Move tool now allows you to align the tool to points, edges, and faces. You can also align a part or objects that are being moved.
The Next Steps
What do our Customers say about us?
I have had a very helpful response, and have passed it on to my Oxford colleagues with success. I am impressed with the way Adept seems to maintain the same staff for many years, which speaks very well for the organisation.HG, Oxford, UK
Very helpful and approachable – excellent trainerIG, Manchester, UK
Best technical support for a software program that I’ve come across – painless for once!KH, Tunbridge Wells, UK
“While skeptical at first, now having switched to Origin I know it will remain my graphing software of choice. Not only does it have an intuitive user interface, but it also has the power to quickly and efficiently complete all of my graphing needs. Origin is the best graphing software available. Period.”Mr. Kevin Clark, University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.