MathType 6.9 Features and Benefits
MathType 6.9 Works with over 700 Applications & Websites:
See the full list of applications and websites that now work with MathType 6.9. Here are a few of the most popular (opens in a new window):
More Ways to Create Equations
- Entering Math by Hand: Enter equations as easily as you would write math with paper and pencil! This feature uses the built-in handwriting recognition in Windows 7.
- Point-and-Click Editing with Automatic Formatting: Create equations quickly by choosing templates from MathType’s palettes and typing into their empty slots. MathType applies mathematical spacing rules automatically as you type.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Save time using keyboard shortcuts. MathType has customizable keyboard shortcuts for virtually every symbol, template, and command.
- Type TeX or LaTeX: If you already know the TeX typesetting language, you can enter equations directly into MathType or Microsoft Word documents. TeX editing can be mixed with point-and-click editing so you get the best of both worlds. You can even paste in equations from existing TeX documents.
- Copy-and-Paste: If you created your equation in another application or found one on a website, why take the time to create it by hand again? Simply copy-and-paste it directly into MathType, and it is ready to edit or use in your work.
- Save Expressions in the Toolbar: Drag frequently used equations and expressions to the MathType toolbar so they can be inserted later with just a click or a keystroke.
- Supports Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365: MathType 6.9 is fully compatible with Office 2013 and Office 365 installed on Windows 7 and 8 computers.
- Office 2010, 2007, 2003, and XP: MathType 6.9 is fully compatible.
- Office Web Apps, Office Mobile, and Office RT: MathType equations cannot be edited in these Office versions but equations created in other versions of Office will display and print.
- Microsoft Office 2013, 2010, & 2007 — MathType Ribbon Tab in Word and PowerPoint: MathType takes full advantage of Office’s Ribbon User Interface making it easier than ever to do equation operations in documents and presentations. New equation numbering and browse features work with all Word equation types.
- Microsoft Office 2003 and XP (2002) — MathType Toolbar and Menu in Word and PowerPoint: MathType adds a toolbar and menu to Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, allowing quick access to its features and powerful commands to do equation numbering, produce great-looking math web pages, presentations, and much more.
- Find Symbols: MathType’s Insert Symbol dialog allows you to explore the available symbols and insert them with a click or keystroke.
- Colour: Use colour to highlight part of an equation and focus your audience’s attention on just the portions you want. Show what changed in each step of a multi-step procedure and make those equations really come to life.
- More Fonts: MathType has hundreds more symbols and templates than Equation Editor. Besides our exclusive Euclid™ math fonts, you can also make use of the 1000s of math symbols in fonts already on your computer, as well as other math fonts you can download from the Internet.
Work with MathML and LaTeX:
- Work in standard math notation: LaTeX and MathML are computer languages for representing mathematical notation.
- LaTeX is used by many mathematicians but has a steep learning curve and its abundance of braces and keywords make typing it extremely tedious and error-prone. Most people find it much easier to work directly with standard math notation in MathType.
- MathML was created in 1998 by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and defines math in HTML5, EPUB3, DAISY, DITA, NLM, and many other publishing standards. It is not intended to be typed by humans but created and edited with tools like MathType.
- Copy as MathML or LaTeX: Complex mathematical equations can be entered easily in MathType and then copied to the clipboard as LaTeX or MathML to be pasted into applications and websites that use those languages.
- Paste MathML or LaTeX into MathType: Many websites contain equations expressed in LaTeX or MathML and can be pasted directly into MathType for use in your own work or to convert them to a different format (eg, LaTeX to MathML)
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
Thank you very much for all of the help that you and your colleagues have provided! I really appreciate the quick response to my email. I was worried my email wouldn’t be addressed, but I see that your company really cares about going above and beyond the expectations of the user.JD, Denver, USA
Bob delivered an engaging and interesting course. His style was very enjoyable.
Fantastic tips and tricks. Brilliant presenter and delivery
I can only say I wish all suppliers were as helpful as you.CP, Newport, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.