A comprehensive spectral data processing, visualisation and reporting application
GRAMS AI is a comprehensive data processing, visualisation and reporting package which forms the core of the GRAMS Spectroscopy Software Suite (GRAMS). Its advanced processing routines, data comparison and visualization features and its ability to handle data from virtually any analytical instrument have set the industry standard in scientific software.
A single data handling tool for multiple instruments
GRAMS AI can work with data from nearly any kind of analytical instrument including optical spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman, NIR, UV-Vis, Fluorescence), NMR, and hyphenated techniques (LC/GC-MS, LC-PDA). The software provides multiple methods for accessing data including directly loading data files created by instrument control applications using the GRAMS Suite SmartConvert technology, which automatically recognises hundreds of different file formats.
GRAMS AI can also directly acquire data from a number of instruments via its unique My Instrument plug-in interface. GRAMS/AI includes capabilities for interchanging data with Microsoft Excel, real time visualisation of large data sets with GRAMS/3D, and can access data from other GRAMS Suite applications such as Spectral DB workgroup databases and Spectral ID spectral search libraries.
GRAMS AI offers a simple, intuitive user interface with features that benefit both new and experienced users. The software enables users to quickly navigate through open data files, expose important file information, access parameter settings, and customise the workspace, all with a click of the mouse. With GRAMS AI users can create customised environments for viewing, reporting and processing their data.
Multi-page workbooks store specific data display preferences; workbook pages or even entire workbooks can be automated to perform specific functions or process data. Workbooks allow insertion of drawing objects including annotations, lines, and arrows. Use the included Design Science Equation Editor to add mathematical formulas (or step up to Design Science’s MathType). Add buttons directly to the workspace and link them to macros or other common functions to create a custom working environment. An integrated Toolbar Builder makes it easy to add buttons for one-click access to frequently used applications or display modes. All user configurations can be stored in a Workbook file which can be used over and over again with different data sets.
Powerful Data Processing
An extensive library of built-in data processing routines provides users with tools to analyse virtually any type of instrument data. From simple data smoothing to advanced peak fitting to tools for specific instrument types, GRAMS/AI tracks all file changes in the data set’s Audit Trail section, providing results with confidence.
- Standard Data Processing Library: performs baseline correction (multi-point, polynomial fit), peak fitting (Gaussian, Lorentzian, Voigt and other functions), smoothing, derivatives, automatic spectral subtraction, spectral unit conversion and more.
- IR/Raman Application Pack: includes ATR pathlength correction, Interferogram compute, Kramers-Kronig transform, Raman shift correction and a CCD spectrometer calibration routine.
- UV/VIS/NIR Application Pack: performs popular colorimetric analyses such as L*A*B and L*U*V using all standard CIE illuminants.
- NMR Application Pack: provides 1D NMR data processing; includes a unique one-step routine that can perform a complete data work-up on FID signals including FFT, phase, integrate and peak identification.
- Chromatography Application Pack: allows you to build chromatographic analysis methods; includes peak picking and identification, model calibration and quantitation.
- GC-MS Application Pack: analyses data from GC-MS experiments; features include calculating and comparing single and total ion chromatograms, automatic peak identification and spectral library searching (using the Spectral ID GRAMS Suite application).
Customisation and Programming
With GRAMS AI, you can create your own custom data processing applications. The integrated Macro Wizard allows linking of existing routines together with no formal programming to accommodate repetitive experimental needs. Advanced users can take advantage of the embedded Array Basic™ programming language to develop customised routines to solve virtually any analytical problem.
GRAMS AI can interface directly to instruments for full control and data acquisition via the embedded My Instrument interface. Any spectrometer that has a My Instrument driver available can be directly connected to GRAMS AI. My Instrument is a COM+ standard for instrument interfacing, and a number of spectrometer vendors now offer My Instrument drivers for their instrumentation. For more details, click here.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
Very enthusiastic, willing to answer questions, helpful, friendly – overall very good
Excellent, very approachable and with wide knowledge of the software
I began using Origin because of its versatility in the varied experimental work that we do, from electrophysiology to clinical studies. I have stayed with Origin because of the high level of statistical expertise and customer service that we get from technical support staff.”
I have now followed your (very clear!) instructions and am happy to report that my problem is solved. Magic! You have made me a much, much happier person!CS, Reading, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.