GINO – The 2D and 3D graphics toolkit for professional application development
GINO is a programmable toolkit providing over 450 routines and functions for developing professional 2D and 3D graphics applications. The library includes functionality from basic line drawing, fonts, polygons and images to full 3D OpenGL features such as facets, bezier surfaces, lighting, shading and texture-mapping. Metafile input/output includes DXF, JPEG, PNG, ICO, BMP, CGM, Postscript and WMF.
Used in conjunction with the interactive and GUI features of GINOMENU, GINO can produce powerful professional-looking applications.
- Simple Line Drawing
- 3D Wireframe
- 3D Lighting and Shading
- Image Handling
- Segment Handling
- Additional Features
Just using the basic primitives of colour, lines, arcs and rectangles and combining them with transformation control such as rotating and scaling, quickly turns a data file into a meaningful graphics representation.
The 3D programming features of GINO are extensive and include:
- 3D primitives (lines, arcs, poly
lines, bezier curves)
- 3D transformations and viewing
- 3D solid primitives (box, cone, cylinder, sphere)
- 3D surface primitives (spline, bezier surface, bezier sphere, bezier volume)
3D Lighting and Shading
With the use of the built-in OpenGL functionality, GINO can provide:
- Facet definition and fill style
- Lighting and Shading
- Depth Buffering
- Culling and Blending
- Fog, Translucence, Shadows
- Texture Mapping and Filtering
GINO has the following image handling facilities:
- Read/Write single pixels
- Draw image from BMP, JPEG, PNG file
- Draw sub-images
- Define packing characteristics
- Image transformations
- Replicate image rectangle
- Enquire pixel data characteristics
Interaction can be key to getting information from the user back to the program and as well as all the GUI features found in GINOMENU, GINO provides the following graphics interaction facilities when GINOMENU is not being used or for use with 3rd party RAD tools such as .NET or Delphi:
- Built-in cursor types
- Cursor Actions (rubber-banding)
- XOR mode for user-defined cursors
- Mouse and Windowing event detection
- Segment picking
- Keyboard key detection
Picture Segments provide a means of ‘labelling’ parts of a picture as well as building components that can be manipulated separately without affecting other parts of the drawing. They can be used for creating a graphical menu system, a 3D hierarchical structure or a progressive interactive design package.
Segment facilities include:
- Access to OpenGL segments with software backup
- Segment creation, extension, deletion, rename
- Visibility, Sensitivity and Highlighting
- Segment transformation
- Copying, Referencing and Grouping
- Archiving and Restoring
- Export plots to DXF, WMF, CGM, BMP, JPG, PNG and Postsript formats
- Print to any Windows printer or plotter
- Combine any number and any type of plot on a single page
- Define custom line styles and colors
- Text and Numeric output using TrueType fonts
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
THANK YOU – you are a star and have saved my thesis! Your instructions worked perfectly. If I am purchasing upgrades I will definitely go to Adept now I know what level support you can provide.CB, Plymouth, UK
I recommend EndNote to all my students who I supervise on dissertations at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Sometimes they ask if I get commission for doing this, which I do not. But the software is great, and fantastic time saver when putting journal articles or theses together.DF, W Yorks, UK
Took me from a complete beginner to a user in very easy steps.
Hi Bob, Thank you so much for this and your prompt reply. It is such a relief, I can’t tell you! I will try downloading it now. I can’t thank you enough for your kindness as well as efficiency.C
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.