WED is a standard text editor with a number of Winteracter and Fortran specific features. It is built into our interactive development evironment (WiDE) and is also provided in stand-alone form for the benefit of those who prefer to use a different environment.
Along with the usual text editing facilities, WED offers the following additional features:
- Insert Winteracter library call : Automatically inserts a template call to any Winteracter routine, selectable from a categorised treeview.
- Insert Winteracter symbolic name : Insert one of the many pre-defined parameter names provided for use with with Winteracter library calls, selectable from a categorised treeview.
- Insert resource identifier : Insert the name of any dialog/menu/etc. component in the current application’s resource file, again selected from a categorised treeview.
- Insert dialog put/get code : Insert Fortran code to put or get dialog values.
- Insert message processing : Insert a message processin routine, to handle a selectable set of event types. Menu-specific and/or dialog-specific processing can also be included, when this option is used from within WiDE.
- Insert new routine : Insert a skeleton subroutine or function.
- Insert colour number : Insert 24-bit RGB value or 3-value WRGB function call.
- Insert file : Insert an external file.
- Insert date/time : Insert today’s date or the current time.
- Insert HTML : When editing HTML source, insert tags to add a picture, hypertext link, table, anchor point, list, symbol, etc. Also insert tags to apply text style or paragraph formatting.
- Syntax highlighting : Comments, types, intrinsics, keywords and Winteracter routine names highlighted in Fortran source. Highlighting supported on screen (Win32) and printer (Win32/Linux).
- Fortran aware printer listings : Syntax highlighting on both mono and colour printers. A subroutine index can be generated and each routine can optionally begin on a new page.
- Multiple buffers : Edit up to 20 files simultaneously in the same editor window.
- Find All : Show all occurrences of a string. Includes an option to show the name of the Fortran routine in which each matched line is contained.
- Find Routine : Jump to any Fortran subroutine, function, module, program or block data in the current source file, selectable from an automatically generated alphabetical list.
- Find Difference : Compare contents of two editor buffers.
- Find History : Re-execute any of your last nine searches.
- Goto Line/Column : Go direct to a specific line or column number.
- Goto bracket : Bracket matching.
- Comment/Uncomment : Comment or uncomment blocks of text with a single keystroke or menu option. Filetype sensitive.
- Indent/Unindent : Indent or unindent blocks of text with a single keystroke or menu option.
- Save Selection : Saves the currently selected block to a file.
- Save all:
- Code generation options : Control over style/layout of automatically generated source code.
- Subroutine help : Place the cursor over a Winteracter routine name and hit Shift+F1 for a quick argument summary and access to full subroutine documentation.
- Mouse wheel : Supported on Windows and X Windows.
- Bookmark : Set/goto bookmark.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
I am very grateful for your prompt and kind answers to my problems. It is rarely a pleasure to complain about something, but this time it has been both pleasant and helpful. I can only regret that I did not use Swedish with Linda, men vi kan sHV, Helsinki, Finland
“I am very satisfied with Origin. I think Origin is an excellent plotting tool. Its capabilities are vast, diverse, and beyond my needs. I appreciate the fact that almost anything on a plot can be adjusted according to a desired preference.”Matthew D. Sena - Sandia National Laboratories
Hi Bob, Thank you so much for this and your prompt reply. It is such a relief, I can’t tell you! I will try downloading it now. I can’t thank you enough for your kindness as well as efficiency.C
Thanks again for your help. EndNote is a great product and I am constantly telling students, colleagues and friends about it.JS, Dundee, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.