WED is a standard text editor with a number of Winteracter and Fortran specific features. It is built into our interactive development evironment (WiDE) and is also provided in stand-alone form for the benefit of those who prefer to use a different environment.
Along with the usual text editing facilities, WED offers the following additional features:
- Insert Winteracter library call : Automatically inserts a template call to any Winteracter routine, selectable from a categorised treeview.
- Insert Winteracter symbolic name : Insert one of the many pre-defined parameter names provided for use with with Winteracter library calls, selectable from a categorised treeview.
- Insert resource identifier : Insert the name of any dialog/menu/etc. component in the current application’s resource file, again selected from a categorised treeview.
- Insert dialog put/get code : Insert Fortran code to put or get dialog values.
- Insert message processing : Insert a message processin routine, to handle a selectable set of event types. Menu-specific and/or dialog-specific processing can also be included, when this option is used from within WiDE.
- Insert new routine : Insert a skeleton subroutine or function.
- Insert colour number : Insert 24-bit RGB value or 3-value WRGB function call.
- Insert file : Insert an external file.
- Insert date/time : Insert today’s date or the current time.
- Insert HTML : When editing HTML source, insert tags to add a picture, hypertext link, table, anchor point, list, symbol, etc. Also insert tags to apply text style or paragraph formatting.
- Syntax highlighting : Comments, types, intrinsics, keywords and Winteracter routine names highlighted in Fortran source. Highlighting supported on screen (Win32) and printer (Win32/Linux).
- Fortran aware printer listings : Syntax highlighting on both mono and colour printers. A subroutine index can be generated and each routine can optionally begin on a new page.
- Multiple buffers : Edit up to 20 files simultaneously in the same editor window.
- Find All : Show all occurrences of a string. Includes an option to show the name of the Fortran routine in which each matched line is contained.
- Find Routine : Jump to any Fortran subroutine, function, module, program or block data in the current source file, selectable from an automatically generated alphabetical list.
- Find Difference : Compare contents of two editor buffers.
- Find History : Re-execute any of your last nine searches.
- Goto Line/Column : Go direct to a specific line or column number.
- Goto bracket : Bracket matching.
- Comment/Uncomment : Comment or uncomment blocks of text with a single keystroke or menu option. Filetype sensitive.
- Indent/Unindent : Indent or unindent blocks of text with a single keystroke or menu option.
- Save Selection : Saves the currently selected block to a file.
- Save all:
- Code generation options : Control over style/layout of automatically generated source code.
- Subroutine help : Place the cursor over a Winteracter routine name and hit Shift+F1 for a quick argument summary and access to full subroutine documentation.
- Mouse wheel : Supported on Windows and X Windows.
- Bookmark : Set/goto bookmark.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
Excellent! Very much appreciated how the content was tailored to our needs.
Yet again Origin and OriginPro upholds its foremost status as the best purposeful and all-embracing data analysis and graphing software on the market. Although other software packages exist, few are as straightforward to use, flexible, and high-quality when it comes to performing challenging data analysis or creating publication superior graphs.Keith J. Stevenson, Professor of Chemistry, The University of Texas at Austin
Very helpful in providing advice on which courses were applicable. Very clear. Checked with trainees to ensure the pace was accurate. Very aware of individual needs of trainees without letting individual issues take over. My interaction with Adept has always been very good. Staff are helpful, efficient and responsive.Dr C Stott, Cambridge, UK
We are at a loss to know how to express our admiration….outstandingly good in respects of all aspects of what is on offer from Adept Scientific.EW Billington, Wentworth, Cambs, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.