The Winteracter library contains several hundred Fortran callable routines, covering a wide range of GUI functionality:
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s window handling routines.
- Create a root window and multiple child windows
- Hide root window for dialog-based applications
- Combine windows/menus/toolbars/dialogs
- Sub-divided status bars easily added
- Windows can be fixed in size
- Redirect output text/graphics to any window
- Scroll, raise, retitle, clear, reposition, resize windows
- Split a window into sub-windows
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s text editor routines.
- Edit text in resizable window with scroll bars
- Font type/size selection
- Customisable menu
- Load/save text files of virtually any size
- Put/get text from character variables
- Optional command line allowing simulation of `teletype’ i/o
- Optional command line history
- Edit multiple buffers in one window
- RTF (Rich Text Format) support under Windows
- Paragraph and character level style control, in RTF editor windows
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s message handling routines.
- Minimal set of message (event) types which need to be processed, including:
- Mouse button up/down, double-click or scroll
- Mouse moved
- Key pressed
- Push button pressed
- Menu item selected
- Window exposed or resized
- Window close request
- Dialog field changed
- Tab changed in tabbed dialog
- Timer expired
- Command entered in an editor window command line
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s menu routines.
- Add/change/remove text menu on any root or child window
- Add/change/remove toolbar button menu on any root or child window
- Up to 4 toolbars on each window
- Floating (vertical popup) menus
- Set/get menu item state (checked and/or enabled)
- Add/change/delete individual menu items
- Set status-bar prompt for each item
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s dialog routines.
- Access to various types of dialog controls:
- Single-line string, integer, real & double precision fields
- Multi-line string fields
- Combo boxes and list boxes
- Push buttons
- Check boxes and radio buttons
- Progress bars
- Track bars
- Spinners on numeric fields
- Tabbed dialogs (‘property sheets’)
- Grid controls
- Set field state (enabled/disabled/read-only/hidden)
- Field colour control
- Range checks on numeric fields
- Modal, modeless and semi-modeless dialogs (latter eliminate need for dialog callback routines)
- Resize dialogs
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s grid routines.
- Powerful spreadsheet-like grid controls can be displayed in a dialog or a resizable window:
- String, integer, real, double precision, check box and combo box column types
- Get/put data at column or cell level
- Cell/column/row colour control
- Read-only columns/cells
- Update row/column labels
- Insert/delete rows
- Save/load grid contents to/from CSV files
- Save grid contents as HTML page
- Sort, search and print
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s common dialog routines.
- File selector
- Directory selector
- Colour selector
- Message boxes
- Printing dialogs
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s operating system routines.
- Command line arguments
- Directory manipulation (create, change, delete, get name, list, file size/date information, check existence, count files)
- Copy, rename and delete files
- Execute external commands/programs
- Get/set environment variables
- Get/create/set/delete values in the Windows registry
- Get/set file attributes
- Get filetype/program association
- Platform/compiler independent binary file handling (`stream i/o’)
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s general routines.
- Extensive set of information functions
- Access Windows Help, CHTML or HTML files at file or topic level
- Send email
- Mouse cursor manipulation
- Play sound and movie files
- Zlib compression
- Quick sort
- Save arrays as HTML tables or CSV files
- RGB/CMY/HLS colour conversion
- Debugging diagnostics
- String manipulation
- Array/function max/min calculation
- Regional decimal point support
- Date/time manipulation
- Clipboard access
- ODBC database interrogation
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s graphics primitives routines.
- Lines, polylines, curves
- Polygons (can contain `holes’)
- Circles, ellipses and arcs
- Single points
- Bit-block move/copy
- Read pixel values
- Solid, mixed colour, graduated, hatched area fills
- Colour selection (8-bit palette or 24 bit RGB models)
- Line width
- Broken lines (8 types)
- Plot mode selection (overwrite/and/or/exclusive-or)
- Select target drawable (window, memory bitmap or dialog field)
- Clipping rectangle
- Device independent user-defined co-ordinate system
- Proximity checking (e.g. Is a point in a given polygon?)
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s graphics text routines.
- Software based vector and outline fonts (100% portable)
- Hardware fonts (Courier, Times, Helvetica/Arial, Symbol)
- Any TrueType font in GDI output
- Monospaced or proportional spacing
- Rotated text
- Left/centre/right justification
- Width/height control
- Bold, italics, underlined
- Opaque or transparent
- Write strings or numbers
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s graphics hardcopy/export routines.
- Create graphics via drawing calls in these formats:
- Microsoft Windows Print Manager (Windows versions only)
- Microsoft Windows standard/Aldusenhanced metafiles (Windows versions only)
- PostScript (printer and EPS files)
- HP-GL/2 (for mono/colour LaserJets and high end DeskJets)
- HP-GL (pen plotters)
- HP PCL (mono/colour to 600 dpi)
- Epson ESC/P and ESC/P2 (mono/colour to 720 dpi)
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile)
- SVG (Scalabale Vector Graphics, for web browsers)
- BMP/PCX/PNG bit images (2/16/256/16M colours)
- AutoCAD DXF
- Print text files in any of the above formats
- Save raw bit image data arrays in BMP/PCX/PNG format
- Save a window, dialog or bitmap in BMP/PCX/PNG format
- Dump a window, memory bitmap or dialog field as a printer bit image
- Control over various hardcopy options (image size, position, orientation, copies and many more)
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s graphics import routines.
- Load BMP/PCX/PNG bit images to a window, memory bitmap, dialog field or data array
- Replay CGM, HP-GL or HP-GL/2 to a window, memory bitmap or dialog. Also WMF or EMF under Windows.
- Zoom option when importing WMF, EMF, CGM, HP-GL or HP-GL/2.
- Replay multi-page vector graphics files. Select page(s) to replay.
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s graphical input routines.
- Stretch/drag graphical objects
- Control mouse cursor position and shape
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s presentation graphics routines.
- Bar charts
- High/low plots
- Pie charts
- 2D and 3D scatter plots
- 2D and 3D line plots
- 2D and 3D function plots
- 2D line-based contour plots
- 2D fill-based contour plots
- 3D surface plots (carpet and stepped styles)
- 3D volume plots
- Vector plots
- Tables of numeric data
- Error bars
- Cartesian or Polar co-ordinates
- Log/linear scaling
- Axes, graticule, key, scale and label plotting
- Automatic or user defined scaling
- Missing data indicator
- (x,y,z) to grid data filter
- 2D and 3D primitives allowing plot customisation
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s memory bitmap handling routines.
- Create/destroy memory bitmaps
- Memory bitmaps selectable as target graphics drawable
- Copy images between bitmaps, windows and dialog fields
- Get bitmap from program resource
- Display memory bitmaps in automatically managed viewer windows with scroll bars
- Copy raw colour data to/from memory bitmaps
- Load/save bitmaps from/to disk
- Mirror/rotate/resize bitmaps
- Copy bitmaps to Windows clipboard
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s memory metafile handling routines.
- Create/destroy memory metafile in EMF or CGM format (CGM on all platforms. EMF is Windows only)
- Memory metafiles selectable as target graphics drawable
- Load/save metafiles from/to disk
- Play back memory metafiles
- Copy EMF metafiles to Windows clipboard
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s 3d modelling routines.
- Model creation
- Model view control
- Modelview matrix manipulation
- Save/load 3D model files
- 3D text
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s OpenGL support routines.
- Text routines (Vector fonts on all platforms, True Type fonts under Windows)
- Drawable selection (window, memory bitmap or dialog field)
- Front/back buffer selection
- 8-bit colour mode palette control (Windows only)
Click here for a list of Winteracter‘s obsolete routines.
These functions have been superseded but are retained for backwards compatibility with earlier releases.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
We are at a loss to know how to express our admiration….outstandingly good in respects of all aspects of what is on offer from Adept Scientific.EW Billington, Wentworth, Cambs, UK
At 13-years old, my daughter’s research manuscript has been accepted for publication in a top tier peer-reviewed Environmental Science journal and OriginPro 8.6 will allow her to export the graphs in a wide variety of formats which can meet any publisher’s requirements. Kudos to OriginLab for designing innovative and intuitive software that can span the needs of both a burgeoning young scientist like my daughter to a PhD expert in their field. It is hard to imagine that other products offer this extraordinary level of user versatility.Michael Grimmett, MD, FACP, FACS Ophthalmologist Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Thanks also for your first class service, couldn’t ask for more, helped to fix an insurmountable problem for me really quickly and easilyPD, Aberdeen, UK
Thanks for the quick response. I want to keep this software because your service is incredible….You truly have exceptional service in the software world.PG, London, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.