FTN95: Fortran95 for Windows
- ClearWin+ is now available in the form of a 64 bit DLL called clearwin64.dll for use with third party 64 bit compilers. Routines in this library that previously ended with the @ symbol now end with $. In order to allow parallel development, FTN95 has been extended so that routines such as winio@ can now end in $ as an alternative to @. Also new standard modules are provided so that all ClearWin+ library routines for FTN95 can take this alternative form. For further information, search for “64 bit” in ftn95.chm.
- ClearWin+ now accepts UTF-8 encoded character strings.
- EXPORT_IMAGE@ and IMPORT_IMAGE@ now accept .PNG files and resources.
- Four new library routines (START_THREAD@, WAIT_FOR_THREAD@, LOCK@ and UNLOCK@) have been added in order to initiate and manage Win32 threads.
- The default ClearWin+ colour mode has been changed from “VGA colours” to “RGB colours”.
- ClearWin+: A new format code %em has been introduced to allow you to put icons in the left hand column of menus.
- ClearWin+: A new format code %nw has been introduced. %nw takes one argument and this is the handle (%hw) of a window that has already been created
- %ac[Ctrl+1] etc. added to list of accelerator keys allowed
- The options [colour=] and [color=] have been added to %gr.
- %th[balloon] now provides a tooltip in the form of a balloon.
- %rd now takes the option [radix=n] where n is an integer in the range 2 to 36.
- %ob now takes the option [rounded] to provide rounded corners
- clearwin_info@(“TOOLTIP_HWND”) now returns the HWND for Microsoft style tooltips
- Visual Studio 2012 plugin
Outline summary of bugs that have been fixed:
- Local use of a name that duplicates the name of an intrinsic (e.g. SUM) was confusing the compiler.
- FTN95 was allowing the intrinsic function TRIM to be elemental.
- Regression at FTN95 version 6.0: SIZE(x, dim) was failing for assumed-size arrays.
- FORALL is now allowed to use the same index as an outer DO contsruct.
- /CHECK was giving an access violation at runtime when the FORALL index was passed to it as an argument.
- An exclamation mark in column 73 was giving a false line truncation warning.
- A false runtimne error was being issued when using /FULL_UNDEF for a certain generic routine.
- MAXVAL,MINVAL,MAXLOC and MINLOC intrinsics did not report a compilation error when used with assumed-size arrays.
- USE ONLY was not hiding a MODULE subroutine.
- DRAW_FILLED_POLYGON@ was failing when used repeatedly with a very large number of different colours.
- ClearWin+: %th[ms_style] did not allow multiline tooltips.
With Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows you can create console based, conventional Windows® and Microsoft .NET applications. Silverfrost FTN95 is the only compiler that can produce Microsoft .NET applications that can use the full Fortran 95 language. Silverfrost FTN95 also boasts its world leading CHECKMATE run-time checking technology that finds bugs fast!
Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows is now available free for personal and evaluation use. To try the compiler click here.
|Silverfrost FTN95 is a full Fortran 95 standards compliant compiler, capable of producing fast executables for Win32 and for Microsoft .NET. FTN95 ships with the world’s best runtime checking and a great range of supporting software. All standard and many vendor-specific legacy language features are supported, so that Fortran projects may be any combination of Fortran 77, Fortran 90 and Fortran 95.
Windows® Specific Features
Microsoft .NET Specific Features
Out-of-the-box FTN95 provides lots of development options. Here is a list of straight-forward questions and answers:
|Do I need to buy Visual Studio to use FTN95?||No|
|Do I need to know about Microsoft .NET to use FTN95?||No|
|Does FTN95 support .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005?||Yes|
|I have my own editor and just want to use FTN95 from a command-line…can I do that?||Yes|
|Can I use the personal edition to evaluate FTN95 for the company I work for?||Yes|
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
Adept are continuing to be the most reliable and effective of all the technical helpline staff that I encounter.MD, Worcs, UK
I had just upgraded to Windows 7, and after having Mathcad for several years I found that I could not complete the final stages of installation. After reading help files I finished up confused and really helpless, until I contacted you. THANK YOU.JD, Dorset, UK
Thanks again for your help. EndNote is a great product and I am constantly telling students, colleagues and friends about it.JS, Dundee, UK
We are at a loss to know how to express our admiration….outstandingly good in respects of all aspects of what is on offer from Adept Scientific.EW Billington, Wentworth, Cambs, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.