Absoft Pro for Mac OS Intel
Pro Fortran 2014 v14 – A few of the new features for this release are: AWE-Chart, AWE-Plot, AWE-Form & Enhanced AVX Instruction set performance. See more under “What’s New” below.
Pro Fortran 2014 builds faster code with Absoft’s Exclusive Dynamic AP Load Balancing Technology, OpenMP 3.0 support, SMP Analyzer, Tools Plug-in, New HPC Scientific & Engineering Math Library and more.
Absoft’s Pro Fortran tool suite automates building extremely fast parallel code on multi-core systems. Compiler features include: APO, IPO, PGFDO optimizers and auto vectorization, Absoft’s exclusive Dynamic AP load balancing technology – performance increases up to 20% on multi-core systems, SMP graphical code analyzer and OpenMP 3.0 support, Absoft Window Environment (AWE), External Libraries and Tools Plug-in, expanded F2003 & F2008 support and enhanced Fx3 graphical debugger.
The Absoft IDE is the only commercial Fortran/C++ development environment designed by Fortran experts. It includes: programmer’s editor, Absoft’s SMP and Vector analyzer, Fx3 graphical debugger, SMP and MPI control features, optimized math libraries and 2D/3D graphics.
All Pro Fortran products include premier technical support directly from Absoft, Quick Fixes and Service Packs. IMSL’s highly optimized numerical and statistical libraries (1000+ routines) are a low cost bundle option. Pro Fortran is a complete solution, nothing else to buy or learn – AND it generates 20% faster code!
Create and vectorize multi-threaded applications automatically! Absoft Pro Fortran includes both 32-bit and 64-bit compilers incorporating advanced optimization technologies designed to create faster applications on any hardware configuration. The compiler automatically uses all available processors, and invokes multi-threading, vectorization, data perfecting, PGO, IPO, and more. Coupled with the included optimized math libraries, you are assured of maximum performance on Intel Core Duo – Core i7 multi-core CPUs, running Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion & Mavericks.
Faster code, PLUS a better development environment! Absoft simplifies code development by solving the problems associated with IDEs such as Visual Studio and Xcode – excellent for C++, but with no knowledge of Fortran. The Absoft IDE supports both Fortran and C and automatically provides proper syntax sensitivity, array indexing, etc. for each language. It includes everything you need: F95 compilers, programmer’s editor, Fx3 graphical debugger, application framework, graphics and optimized math libraries in a single, easy-to-use package.
Single Solution – Linux, Windows and MacOS. Simplify code development for multiple platforms. Absoft provides same look and feel on every platform and allows you to build native applications for Linux, Windows and Mac from a single code base! Absoft’s exclusive MaxFlex license manager allows a single license to float across Linux/Windows/Mac, saving you time and money.
New in Pro Fortran 2014
- Absoft Window Environment AWE-Chart
- Absoft Window Environment AWE-Plot
- Absoft Window Environment AWE-Form
- Enhanced AVX Instruction set performance
- Support for 999 continuation lines
- F2003 – ABSTRACT INTERFACE
- F2003 – PROCEDURE pointers
- F2003 – enhanced TYPE initialization
- F2003 – POINTER bounds remapping
- F2008 – BESSEL_J0,BESSEL_J1, and BESSEL_JN intrinsics
- F2008 – BESSEL_Y0,BESSEL_Y1, and BESSEL_YN intrinsics
- F2008 – BGE,BGT,BLE, and BLT intrinsics
- F2008 – DSHIFTL and DSHIFTR intrinsics
- F2008 – SHIFTA, SHIFTL and SHIFTR intrinsics
- F2008 – MASKL, MASKR and MERGE_BITS intrinsics
- F2008 – EFC_SCALED, GAMMA and LOG_GAMMA intrinsics
- F2008 – EXECUTE_COMMAND_LINE intrinsic
- F2008 – IS_IOSTAT_END and IS_IOSTAT_EOF intrinsics
- F2008 – SELECTED_CHAR_KIND intrinsicAbsoft Additional Libraries Package updated with:
- HDF4 version 4.2.9
- HDF5 version 1.8.11
- NetCDF version 4.2.1
- PLPlot 5.9.9
Included features from previous releases:
Absoft Window Environment (AWE) – Qt based application framework for Fortran.
- The Absoft Window Environment is a cross platform ( Linux, Windows and OS X ) graphical user interface for Fortran programs. A sizable, scrollable window provides an interface to the Fortran pre-connected unit numbers for input and output. Additional windows can be created using a simple extension to the Fortran OPEN statement. The contents of individual windows can be saved to disk or printer. Additional menus can be added to invoke program subroutines and functions. AWE can be configured to run as either an MDI (multiple document interface) or SDI (single document interface). AWE features Auto creation of complete AWE based application Mac app bundles for easy AWE app deployment on other systems and AWE close on program finish for more efficient house-keeping.
AbsoftTools External Libraries and Tools Plugin Support
- The AbsoftTools development environment has been enhanced to allow the integration of additional libraries and tools. When support is added for a particular library, adding that library to a user project is just a matter of marking a check box. Pre-configured plugins are included for Plplot, NetCDF 3, NetCDF 4, HDF 4, and HDF 5. Documentation on creating additional plugins is also provided.
Fx3 Debugger Matrix View Array Display
- The Fx3 Debugger includes a new Matrix view for two dimensional arrays.
Intel AVX instruction set support.
- Absoft Pro Fortran contains support for the new AVX instruction set in the compiler and the Fx3 Debugger.
Fortran 2003/2008 Statements and Functions
- acosh intrinsic function
- asinh intrinsic function
- atanh intrinsic function
- hypot intrinsic function
- leadz intrinsic function
- popcnt intrinsic function
- poppar intrinsic function
- trailz intrinsic function
- ENUM statement
- ENUMERATOR statement
- END ENUM statement
- IOMSG I/O specifier
- Empty CONTAINS statment
- Automatic Parallelization of Loops – across multiple cores
- Interprocedural Optimization – global code view improves performance
- Profile Guided Feedback Directed Optimization – reduces cache thrashing, branch mispredictions
- Absoft Dynamic AP technology – automatic load balancing
- Auto Vectorization – allows multiple loop iterations to execute in parallel
- Fortran 2003 ISO C bindings – simplifies mixed language development
- Full TR15581 – IEEE intrinsic module specifications
- OpenMP v3.0 – advances parallelism, simplifies threading and makes code more portable
- EXPLAIN Fortran Error Parsing
- OpenMP 3.0 thread support
- Enhanced user interface
- Parallel Make – speeds application builds
- OpenMP 3.0 – compile and runtime variables
- MPI control features
- SMP and Vector Analyzer – graphical code analysis tool facilitates code tuning
- Automatic F90 module dependency tracking – speeds builds
- Multiple Debug/Release Build Configurations
- External Makefile Based Projects
- Source Elements Navigator
- Math Libraries
Absoft HPC Scientific & Engineering Math Library
Read about the libraries here
- Prebuilt Reference LAPACK and BLAS libraries
- Prebuilt Scalapack and BLACS library for enhanced MPI support
- OpenGL and f90gl
- HDF4 & HDF5
Documentation and White Papers
- Improved Absoft User Guide – documentation
- Updated Fortran Reference Guide – documentation
- Creating DLLs – white paper
- Optimization – white paper
- SMP and MPI Resources with coding tips – white paper
F2008 Supported Features
Fortran 2008 Statements and Functions
- BESSEL_J0,BESSEL_J1, and BESSEL_JN intrinsics
- BESSEL_Y0,BESSEL_Y1, and BESSEL_YN intrinsics
- BGE,BGT,BLE, and BLT intrinsics
- DSHIFTL and DSHIFTR intrinsics
- SHIFTA, SHIFTL and SHIFTR intrinsics
- MASKL, MASKR and MERGE_BITS intrinsics
- EFC_SCALED, GAMMA and LOG_GAMMA intrinsics
- EXECUTE_COMMAND_LINE intrinsic
- IS_IOSTAT_END and IS_IOSTAT_EOF intrinsics
- SELECTED_CHAR_KIND intrinsic
- Acosh Intrinsic Function
- Asinh Intrinsic Function
- Atanh Intrinsic Function
- Hypot Intrinsic Function
- Leadz Intrinsic Function
- Popcnt Intrinsic Function
- Poppar Intrinsic Function
- Trailz Intrinsic Function
- ENUM Statement
- ENUMERATOR Statement
- END ENUM Statement
- IOMSG I/O Specifier
- Empty CONTAINS Statment
Key Features and Information
- Most complete and easiest to use Fortran solution for x86 & x86_64 Linux – Nothing else to buy or learn
- AWE-Plot, AWE-Chart & AWE-Form
- Advanced optimizers include: Auto-Parallelization (APO), Inter-Procedural Analysis (IPA), Profile Guided Feedback Directed Optimization (PGFDO), Vectorization and SSE 4*/4.2 support, documented to generate best-of-class performance for 32-bit or 64-bit AMD and Intel processors
- Absoft’s proprietary Dynamic AP load balancing for up to 20% faster code
- Absoft Fortran 95 compiler operates in F95, F90 and F77 modes and supports all popular workstation extensions
- OpenMP 3.0 integrated in compiler and runtime
- OpenMP and MPICH control features in IDE
- OpenMP 3.0 Fortran session support in Fx3 graphical debugger
- SMP and vector code graphical analyzer
- New F2003 features
- Fully compatible with the GNU tool chain
- GPU support via nVIDIA CUDA libraries and HMPP preprocessor
- Complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with color programmer’s editor, debugger, and ability to execute select third party programs as plug-ins. All Pro Fortran compilers can be executed equally well from the IDE or command line
- Pre-configured libraries for linear algebra (BLAS, LAPACK95) plus BLACS and Scalapack for MPI environments. VAX/Unix-compatibility and 2D/3D graphics are all included as part of distribution at no additional charge
- IMSL numerical libraries with special functions for mathematics and statistics; and Visualization libraries with special numerical and visualization functions are available
- Source compatible versions available for Linux and Windows – Multi-platform discounts available
- End user support directly from Absoft at no additional charge
Easy to Use:
- Designed for Fortran programmers and mixed Fortran/C development
- Build applications from integrated graphical environment or from command lines
- Included documentation provides step-by-step instructions through: code development, compile, run, debug and edit stages
- Includes documentation on building mixed Fortran / C applications and using third party libraries
- Build 32-bit or 64-bit applications with one tool set from a single code base
- Re-host your application on Mac/PPC, Windows or Linux with a simple recompile
- IDE designed to support select third party applications as plug-ins
- Compilers generate extremely fast code and are source compatible with Absoft Fortran for Mac/PPC, Windows, Linux andFortrans from Sun, SGI and Cray
- Single compilation command produces a file ready for debugging application
- Quad precision supported
- Includes graphical Fx3 debugger designed for Fortran and C
- AWE application framework (full Fortran source included) automatically generates double click-able applications with user modifiable I/O windows
- High performance math libraries included
- Absoft tools are compatible with Apple tools and the GNU tool chain
- IMSL Fortran Numerical Libraries in both 32-bit and 64-bit (separate license purchase required).
- Winteracter cross platform gui/graphics tools are planned as a future option (separate license purchase required).
AWE Application Framework
Absoft’s AWE solves the problem of how to automatically create a graphical interface for your Fortran application on Windows or MacOS.
No need to learn the system APIs! Usually, when you want to create applications with windows and menus, you need to know how to use the system APIs and interface guidelines. However, AWE, a library included FREE with Pro Fortran for Windows and MacOS can automatically give your program a native Windows or Mac style interface with menus, a text window, and a graphics window. AWE allows you to create applications with windows and menus, without knowledge of the system API and user interface guidelines.
View Full Polyhedron Ltd. Benchmark Results
for Your Platform:
Results are reproduced with permission
from Polyhedron Ltd. in the United Kingdom.
Absoft Fortran fully supports automatic multi-threading of applications.
Absoft Pro Fortran includes integrated OpenMP support in the compiler and the Absoft Fx3 graphical debugger, debugs OpenMP Fortran sessions.
Absoft Pro Fortran uses all available processors by default. Multi-threading, vectorization, a high performance parallel optimizer, data perfecting, profile guided optimization, IPO, and advanced optimizations can be performed automatically. Combined with the included math libraries, Absoft provides the best solution for creating maximum application performance on single and multi-core systems.
Mixed Language Programming
The process of combining Fortran and C routines into a single application has been a major frustration to many programmers.
Absoft Pro Fortrans provide a solution: Our compilers are link-compatible with Apple C. Mixed Fortran/C applications are easily generated entirely from within the development environment or can be easily linked with code created in Apple C. Example code is provided in the documentation.
Includes a flexible graphics library called PLplot. PLplot can be called from Fortran as well as C/C++ and can create standard x-y plots, semilog plots, log-log plots, contour plots, 3D plots, mesh plots, bar charts and pie charts.
Multiple graphs (of the same or different sizes) may be placed on a single page with multiple lines in each graph. Output can be to your monitor, a file, a printer or in postscript format.
There are almost 2000 characters in the extended character set including four different fonts, the Greek alphabet and a host of mathematical, musical and other symbols. PLplot is included on all versions of Pro Fortran and is source compatible across Linux, Windows and Mac platforms. HDF precompiled libraries are included with every copy of Pro Fortran.
Absoft manufactures high performance Fortran compiler suites for Windows, Macintosh(Intel & PPC), Intel/AMD Linux and PPC/Linux based systems.
Absoft compiler suites are source compatible across the different platforms which means that in most cases, only a recompile is needed to port code from one environment to another.
What’s Included on Distribution CD
- Fortran 95 compiler with F2003 extensions and FORTRAN 77 mode
- Full Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with Editor, F95 modules, Fx3 Debugger and Parallel Make
- AWE Application Framework
- Numerous programming examples
- VAX/Unix compatibility libraries
- Numerous programming examples
- User Guide and F77/F90/95 Reference Manual in indexed PDF format
- HDF 4 (Hierarchical Data Format) release 4.2.9 precompiled libraries
- HDF 5 (Hierarchical Data Format) release 1.8.11 precompiled libraries
- NetCDF (network Common Data Form) release 4.2.1 precompiled libraries
- LAPACK/BLAS version 3.1.0 – pre-compiled linear algebra library
- ATLAS version 3.6.0 – pre-built machine optimized BLAS libraries
- Scalapack and BLACS libraries for enhanced MPI support
- PLplot Graphics Library for 32 bit Carbon API
- PLplot Graphics Library for 32 and 64 bit X11 API
- F90GL version 1.2.7 – Fortran 95 interface for OpenGL
- IMSL Fortran 7.0 Numerical Libraries in 32-bit & 64-bit are available add-ons (requires separate license purchase).
Full technical support from professional support engineers, will help resolve any problems is included at no additional charge with each new product from Absoft.
To ensure your software continues running at maximum efficiency, all registered Absoft customers can download service packs and quick fixes at no charge. Customers can subscribe to Absoft’s free electronic newsletter to receive bulletins and update notices advising of new updates, changes in product releases, new product announcements and other useful information.
Continuing Software Maintenance
Absoft branded products include Premier Technical Support and Initial Software Maintenance at no additional charge from the time of purchase for as long as the purchased version remains the current release version.
Initial Software Maintenance (ISM) includes free electronic downloads of all interim Service Packs and Quick Fixes from Absoft. Version upgrades require a separate purchase, but at discounted prices for commercial/government users – Academic users already receive the lowest available price when making an academic purchase.
At the conclusion of the Initial Software Maintenance term (i.e. when a new version of the purchased product is released) customers may either purchase a Product Upgrade or within 30 days of the new product release, purchase Continuing Software Maintenance for an additional 12-month maintenance term.
Continuing Software Maintenance (CSM) includes all elements of Premier Technical support plus all Product Upgrades issued during the 12-month Continuing Software Maintenance term. Annual renewals of Software Maintenance will be made available at a low-cost to commercial/government customers who renew within their unexpired Maintenance term – Academic users already receive the lowest available price when making an academic purchase.
For users electing not to renew Continuing Software Maintenance and having expired maintenance terms but later wishing to rejoin CSM, Reinstatement Software Maintenance (RSM) terms may be purchased.
Third party products distributed by Absoft are subject to license terms and policies of their respective manufacturers.
- Core i7 multi-core CPUs, Core Duo, Core2 Duo or Mac Pro Intel based systems running OSX Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks.
- Xcode 3.1 or later
- 1 GB RAM
- 750 MB free disk space
- Single User / Single Machine
- Floating Network on Single Platform
- Floating Network for Mixed Platforms
(Linux, Windows, Mac)
- Academic Programs
Compatibility and Companion Products
Absoft uses an extended version of the Cray CF90 front end and adheres to the latest ISO and ANSI Fortran 95 standards. Extensions from all major workstations have been added to make sure your code ports from any environment with minimal effort.
Absoft Fortran compilers conform to all DoD MIL-STD 1753, FIPS 69-1, and POSIX standards, support most popular VAX/VMS extensions including RECORD, STRUCTURE, POINTER, and UNION, (per V5.4 of VMS FORTRAN), QUAD (REAL*16) data types as well as others from IBM/VS, Cray, Sun FORTRAN as well as FORTRAN 66 conventions.
Automatic byte-swapping and full integration with many third party tools means porting code from virtually any environment requires little more than a recompilation without rewriting code. The F95 compiler can operate in F95, F90 or F77 modes.
- IMSL Fortran Numerical Library available for 32-bit and 64-bitMacOS/Intel
- VAST-F/Parallel Pre-processor that automatically parallelizes source code
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
The Origin software has excellent statistics and is VERY user friendly.Habibeh Khoshbouei, Pharm. D., Ph.D., Meharry Medical College
Bob worked tirelessly over many hours (and days!) to try to resolve the issue. His efforts were truly appreciated on my behalf. He was polite, caring and nothing was too much trouble. Many, many thanks Bob.JO
Many thanks for the prompt reply – I went ahead and purchased the download and was able to upgrade as you promised – fantastic service! I shall be recommenting Adept Scientific to anyone who’ll listen to me!SF, Leicester, UK
Thank you very much for your efforts and quick reply that saved my week (and work) – I really appreciate this!DP, London, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.