WinWedge Standard Edition
The WinWedge Standard Edition is the perfect tool for interfacing simple devices such as balances, scales, bar code scanners, pH meters, measuring instruments, calipers, gauges, GPS receivers, etc. directly to other Windows programs running on the same workstation as WinWedge.
WinWedge Standard is designed as a simple program for interfacing most typical RS232 (serial) devices to a PC. It has two modes for passing incoming serial data directly to other programs: a “Keystroke Mode” where incoming data is passed to other programs as Keystrokes, and a “DDE Server Mode” that passes data to other programs using Dynamic Data Exchange. The Standard Edition has basic parsing and filtering capabilities for dealing with either fixed length or delimited data records. It also has Hot Keys that you can define for sending prompts or commands out a serial port to a device simply by pressing a hot key on your keyboard as well as a full character translation table for translating individual characters to either specific keystrokes or to other characters. WinWedge Standard can also be controlled using Dynamic Data Exchange. The DDE capabilities allow you to do things like use simple macros in Excel to perform fully bi-directional serial I/O functions.
- Supports all COM ports. Install on up to 32 serial ports on a PC for data collection from many devices simultaneously.
- Data Transfer as Keystrokes directly into any other application program.
- Data Transfer by DDE to any Windows application. Includes an advanced set of DDE commands that allow other Windows applications to take complete control of all Wedge functions, including serial output functions. The DDE command set allows you to create extremely powerful device control interfaces from within any other program that supports DDE, e.g. Excel, Access, etc.
- Basic Data Parsing Capabilities allow you to split incoming data into fields. Input only data you need and ignore the rest.
- A Powerful Serial Data Analyzer feature allows you to preview serial data and debug all serial communications problems.
- Data Filtering Capabilities let you selectively filter out non-numeric characters from any field in your input data or ignore specific fields altogether. The Professional versions have additional advanced filtering options.
- Pre-Transfer Translation Tables. Translate incoming ASCII characters to other characters or to specific PC keystrokes.
- Keystroke Macro Insertion. Add additional keystrokes or keystroke macros before, after, or within your serial input data. Keystroke macros allow you to control where and how serial data appears in the target application program in Keystroke Mode.
- Automatic Date and Time Stamping. Place date and time stamps directly in your serial input data.
- Up To 20 Button Controlled Output Strings. Program buttons to either send data strings out the serial port or lower the PC’s DTR line whenever the button is clicked. Use the Output Buttons to send prompt strings, or other control data, to your serial devices.
- Automatic Data Acknowledgment feature sends a string back to the serial device after each data record has been received.
- Timed Automatic Prompting. Have the Wedge automatically transmit prompt strings or commands at regular timed intervals.
- Fully Selectable Communications Parameters. 110-115,200 baud; 5,6,7 or 8 data bits; 1 or 2 stop bits; EVEN, ODD, MARK, SPACE or NO parity.
- Hardware and Software Flow Control. Selectable input and output buffer sizes from 128 bytes to 32K. Support for new high speed 16550 UARTs.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
The Origin software has excellent statistics and is VERY user friendly.Habibeh Khoshbouei, Pharm. D., Ph.D., Meharry Medical College
I can only say I wish all suppliers were as helpful as you.CP, Newport, UK
I am impressed – somebody actually cares enough about customer relations, not only to honour a promise to reply, but to remember the request! I hope your company appreciates you as much as I do.RE, London, UK
Thank you for your very efficient and prompt help. It is a pleasure to do business with switched-on companies like yours. Thanks to you I have ordered the product today via your WebStore.DM, Tain, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.