TCP/IP Data Logging Software
TCP-File allows you to easily log TCP/IP data from any number of TCP/IP ports directly to disk files. See below for a list of typical applications for TCP-File.
- Supports an unlimited number of TCP/IP connections.
- Each TCP/IP connection can log data to its own file or to the same file as any or all other connections.
- Supports both client and server TCP/IP connections.
- Supports multiple client connections simultaneously when configured as a TCP/IP server.
Ease of Use
Just select the IP Address and port number and specify the name of a disk file. Then activate TCP-File! It’s that easy! If you need to log data from multiple TCP/IP ports, simply open another TCP-File connection window. TCP-File uses a multi-document user interface allowing you to log data from as many TCP/IP ports as you like.
Typical Applications for TCP-File
- Logging data from RS232 or RS485 devices connected to a TCP/IP network through Serial Terminal Servers or through TCP-Com.A typical application for TCP-File is to log data from one or more Terminal Servers to disk file(s). A Terminal Server is a device that allows RS232 or RS485 serial devices to be connected directly to an ethernet network. Terminal Servers typically have an ethernet connector and one or more RS232 or RS485 ports and they typically use the TCP/IP network protocol by sending the data that is transmitted through the RS232 or RS485 serial port to a TCP/IP port. Each Terminal Server would have its own IP address and all serial data would be sent through a specific TCP/IP port number. As an example, suppose that you have one or more RS232 serial devices (scale, bar code scanner, PLC, telephone PBX system, etc.) located near an ethernet network connection and you wanted to log the output data from each device to a disk file on another computer in the network. In this case you could purchase a Terminal Server (approx. $200 for one com port) and connect each serial device to it and then connect the Terminal Server to your network. You could then run TCP-File on any other PC in the network and configure it to connect to the Terminal Server and log the data transmitted by the serial device directly to a disk file.Note: TAL Technologies TCP-Com software effectively turns a PC into a multi port RS232 Terminal Server therefore TCP-File can also be used in conjunction with TCP-Com.
- Capturing and logging alarm or status messages from PLCs or other networked devices.Suppose that you have a number of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) connected through a TCP/IP network monitoring or controlling some process and the PLCs are capable of transmitting status or alarm conditions out a TCP/IP port.If you needed a simple program that is capable of logging those status or alarm messages to a disk file, TCP-File would be the perfect tool for the job.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
Many thanks for the prompt reply – I went ahead and purchased the download and was able to upgrade as you promised – fantastic service! I shall be recommenting Adept Scientific to anyone who’ll listen to me!SF, Leicester, UK
Yet again Origin and OriginPro upholds its foremost status as the best purposeful and all-embracing data analysis and graphing software on the market. Although other software packages exist, few are as straightforward to use, flexible, and high-quality when it comes to performing challenging data analysis or creating publication superior graphs.Keith J. Stevenson, Professor of Chemistry, The University of Texas at Austin
Excellent – a natural teacher! Approachable and willing to help us individuallyPD, Manchester, UK
I am impressed – somebody actually cares enough about customer relations, not only to honour a promise to reply, but to remember the request! I hope your company appreciates you as much as I do.RE, London, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.