IEEE-488 Instrument Control Module
GPIBLab is a menu-driven software module for DADiSP that collects data from IEEE-488 instruments. GPIBLab requires no programming or messy configuration. GPIBLab and DADiSP provide a full range of instrument control and data collection options through the easy-to-understand menus.
Data collected from your instruments via the General Purpose Interface Bus (GPIB) is displayed automatically in DADiSP’s multi-window graphical analysis Worksheet. Because GPIBLab operates within DADiSP’s graphical Worksheet environment, all of the DADiSP analysis and graphics functionality is available to display, reduce, analyse and output your data.
- Specify data collection parameters through simple dialogues.
- Query and control hundreds of IEEE-488 instruments.
- Direct, high speed data collection.
- Easily automate instrument procedures.
- Standard Drop-In Macro template for new instruments.
- Customise the GPIBLab user interface.
Originally developed by Hewlett-Packard, the General Purpose Interface Bus, GPIB, is a digital interface standard for connecting electronic test and measurement equipment to “controllers” such as personal computers. The bus was standardised by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers as the IEEE Standard Digital Interface for Programmable Instrumentation, IEEE-488.1.
A typical GPIB setup requires a computer, a GPIB control card, driver software for the card, a GPIB cable and instrument. GPIBLab makes it easy to control and transfer data from these instruments without requiring in depth knowledge of the IEEE-488 protocol or the GPIB card driver software.
Data collected from your instruments via GPIB is displayed automatically in DADiSP’s multi-window graphical analysis Worksheet. Because GPIBLab operates within DADiSP’s graphical Worksheet environment all of the DADiSP analysis and graphics functionality is available to reduce, analyse and output your data.
Standard instrument drivers
GPIBLab is available for Windows 9X/2000/NT/XP. It supports IOtech, National Instruments and compatible device controller cards that adhere to the IEEE-488 standard. The GPIBLab product includes a wide range of menu-driven drivers for popular IEEE-488 compatible laboratory instruments, including oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers.
No programming required
GPIBLab requires no programming or messy configuration. GPIBLab and DADiSP provide a full range of instrument control and data collection options through the easy-to-understand menu interface. Once the IEEE-488 driver software is installed, GPIBLab users can begin immediately collecting and analysing data within the DADiSP Worksheet. The size of the data transfer supported by DADiSP/GPIBLab is limited only by the memory on your instrument.
Let your instruments do the talking
Users can customise the DSP-supplied ASCII menu drivers to their particular applications, adding additional instrument query, control and collection functions to the instrument menus. Because GPIBLab menus and command scripts can include standard GPIB functions GPIBLab eliminates programming in low level languages. All acquisition and analysis operations are accomplished interactively via easy-to-follow menus or through automated DADiSP sessions.
GPIBLab instrument control, query and collection features
- Set time range, volt range, time delay, offset.
- Measurement, sampling rate.
- Send ASCII commands or binary data to the device.
- Setup service requests.
- Change instrument display screen.
- Set interrupt detection on/off.
- Operate bus locally or remotely.
- Disable instrument front-panel control.
- Transfer ASCII data directly to a DADiSP Window.
- Transfer binary data directly to a DADiSP Window (Size of data transfers limited only by instrument memory).
- Specify terminators between values and end-of-line.
- Set timeout length for data transfers.
- Specify data collection triggers.
- Specify optional data header.
- Specify ASCII data value size.
- Query time range, volt range, time delay, offset, measurement, sampling rate.
- Query number of bytes in a buffered transfer.
- Query status of bus interface.
The Next Steps
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
Thanks for the quick response. I want to keep this software because your service is incredible….You truly have exceptional service in the software world.PG, London, UK
Very happy with the service. Very professional staff and always helpful.UO, Athlone, Ireland
I had just upgraded to Windows 7, and after having Mathcad for several years I found that I could not complete the final stages of installation. After reading help files I finished up confused and really helpless, until I contacted you. THANK YOU.JD, Dorset, UK
[Bob] gave excellent unbiased information
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.