Performance optimization can be difficult, but the performance profiling tool you use shouldn’t be.
Versatile – Rich Set of Performance Profiles
Whether you are tuning for the first time or doing advanced performance optimization, VTune Amplifier provides the data needed to meet a wide variety of tuning needs. Collect a rich set of performance data for hotspots, threading, locks & waits, bandwidth and more.
Productive – Sort, Filter and Visualize
Good data is not enough. You need tools to mine the data and make it easy to understand. Powerful analysis lets you sort, filter and visualize results on the timeline and on your source.
“We achieved a significant improvement (almost 2x) even on one core by optimizing the code based on the information provided by Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE. Good scalability is a result of usage of combination of Intel® TBB and OpenMP parallelization techniques. We achieved over 8x the performance of the previous version on 8 cores and almost 11x the performance on 16 cores.”
Alexey Andrianov, R&D Director Deputy, Mechanical Analysis Division, Mentor Graphics Corporation
“Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE analyzes complex code and helps us identify bottlenecks rapidly. By using it and other Intel® Software Development Tools, we were able to improve PIPESIM performance up to 10 times compared with the previous software version.”
Rodney Lessard, Senior Scientist, Schlumberger
“The new VTune™ Amplifier XE brings even more capability to an already indispensable tool. The sampling based call stack hotspots is excellent and alone is worthy of the upgrade. We have also been impressed by how the concurrency and Locks and Waits analysis can even provide useful data on complex applications such as Premiere Pro.”
Rich Gerber – Engineering Manager, MediaCore, Adobe Systems Inc.
“The new interface is a joy to use. Intel® VTune Amplifier XE gives us precise, down-to-the-metal performance data that’s invaluable for pinpointing hotspots and evaluating the effect of optimizations”
Daniel Schwarz, Performance Engineer, Nik Software
“Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE’s timeline is very information intensive. It organizes the data I need to tune threaded applications.”
Sergey Zaritchny, Software Development Manager, Open Cascade SAS
“Last week, Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE helped us find almost 3X performance improvement. This week it helped us improve the performance another 3X.”
Claire Cates, Principal Developer, SAS Institute Inc.
“One of Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE’s best features is that it is easy to use. I did not need to read the documentation.”
Richard Shepherd, Software Engineer, ESRI (UK) Limited
What’s New in 2018?
- Easier tuning of threaded MPI applications. HPC Performance analysis adds enhanced metrics for MPI including MPI imbalance and performance of critical path rank. Application Performance Snapshot merges MPI and application data, includes richer metrics, and adds MPICH* compatibility.
- Optimize private cloud-based applications. Profile inside Docker*, LXC* and Mesos* containers and attach to running Java* services and daemons.
- Enhanced Python* profiling. Locks and Waits analysis tunes threaded performance of mixed Python and native code. Preview: Memory consumption analysis for Python, C, C++.
- Easier threading optimization of applications using Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB). Advanced threading analysis extends classification of high overhead and spin time.
- Easier analysis of remote Linux* systems. Automated install of performance collectors on a remote Linux target.
- Tune GPU kernel algorithms. Analyze GPU kernel execution to find memory latency or inefficient kernel algorithms. See the hotspot on the OpenCL source and assembly.
- Cross-OS analysis for all supported OSs. Collect data on Linux* (or any supported OS) and analyze it in the user interface on Windows*, Linux, or macOS*. Download only what you need. Your license enables use on all OSs.
- Support for the latest processors including Intel® Xeon®, Intel® Xeon Phi™, Intel® Core™ and Intel Atom® processors
Specs at a Glance
||Intel® and compatible processors and coprocessors including Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors.
||C, C++, C#, Fortran, Java*, Python*, Go*, assembly, and more.
||Works with compilers from Microsoft, GCC, Intel and others that follow standards.
||Integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio* or runs standalone.
|Host Operating Systems
||Windows*, Linux* and macOS* (optional download1)
|Target Operating Systems
||Windows*, Linux*, FreeBSD*, Android*, Tizen*, Wind River Linux* and Yocto Project* (additional targets downloaded separately)
|Basic Threading Analysis
Full threading information
|OpenMP*, Intel® Threading Building Blocks, and native threads.
|Extended Threading Performance Analysis
||OpenMP* and Intel Threading Building Blocks
||Integration with Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector MPI profiler
||OpenCL and media application tuning on newer Intel processors.
For complete information, see the documentation and release notes.