Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector is a graphical tool for understanding MPI application behavior, quickly finding bottlenecks, improving correctness, and achieving high performance for parallel cluster applications running on Intel® architecture. Improve weak and strong scaling for applications.
- Visualize and understand parallel application behavior
- Evaluate profiling statistics and load balancing
- Analyze performance of subroutines or code blocks
- Learn about communication patterns, parameters, and performance data
- Identify communication hotspots
- Decrease time to solution and increase application efficiency
- A unique MPI Correctness Checker detects deadlocks, data corruption, and errors with MPI parameters, data types, buffers, communicators, point-to-point messages and collective operations.
- The Correctness Checker allows the user to scale to extremely large systems and detect errors even among a large number of processes.
Interface and Displays
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector includes full-color customizable GUI with many drill-down view options.
- The analyzer is able to extremely rapidly unwind the call stack and use debug information to map instruction addresses to source code.
- With both command-line and GUI interfaces, the user can additionally set up batch runs or do interactive debugging.
- Low overhead allows random access to portions of a trace, making it suitable for analyzing large amounts of performance data.
- Thread safety allows you to trace multithreaded MPI applications for event-based tracing as well as non-MPI threaded applications.
Instrumentation and Tracing
- Low-intrusion instrumentation supports MPI applications with C, C++, or Fortran.
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector automatically records performance data from parallel threads in C, C++, or Fortran.
Processor Support: Latest Intel® Xeon and Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors.
Partitioned Global Access Space (PGAS) Support: Includes OpenSHEM* support.
Specs at a Glance
|Processors||Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors and compatible processors|
|Languages||C, C++, Fortran*, and OpenSHMEM|
|Development Environments||Works with compilers from Microsoft, GNU Compiler Collection (GCC), Intel, and others that follow these standards.|
|Operating Systems||Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector is available on Linux* and Windows*. For macOS*, only the analysis feature is supported.|