The next generation of VisSim from Visual Solutions Incorporated (VSI) (Westford, Massachusetts) is now available from Adept Scientific (Letchworth, Herts). VisSim version 8 is the much anticipated product upgrade and introduces exciting new concepts including VisSim/State Charts, a new UML graphical state chart editor, as well as many other product enhancements.
The introduction of VisSim/State Charts to VisSim version 8 allows you to create, edit, simulate and generate embedded C code for state charts all within the standard VisSim environment. VisSim/State Charts provide:
• OMG UML 2.1 Compliance
• Simple, composite and submachine states
• Animation of transition state
• Nested states
• Parallel states
• Single step simulation
• Suspended and resumed states
• Entry, exit, transition and “DO” actions using C syntax
• Breakpoints for selected events
• Logging of selected events and executed behavioural C code
• ANSI C code generation.
“Our goal at Visual Solutions is to help companies bring innovative and complex products to market as quickly and efficiently as possible,” said Visual Solutions CEO, Peter Darnell. “The new state chart module makes it easier than ever for engineers and scientists to design embedded systems that contain supervisory and high-level control logic.”
“We’ve been using a pre-release version of VisSim/State Charts and have seen bottom line benefits in our development cycle from day one,” said Mike Borrello, Systems Engineering Manager at Luminous Medical. “We’re currently using VisSim version 8 to design and test a new state machine for our glucose monitor. I was amazed at what a difference it made to use the new state chart editor. In only two weeks, we took our design from concept to a fully functioning system with hardware-in-the-loop. Without state charts, we wouldn’t have been able to effectively meet our deadline.”
VisSim version 8 provides more visually intensive and customisable, real-time gauges which can be connected to rapidly changing data sources. The new gauges incorporate features like dial colour, transparency and reflection to allow increased visibility and impact in your models. In addition, major and minor tick values, labels and an editable sweep angle give you the flexibility to create more realistic dashboard and control panel gauges.
Enhanced data set handling
• Import and map blocks take text column headers in a data file and automatically put the column header on the corresponding output pin for the block. For large multi-column data sets, this greatly enhances readability.
• Data export blocks support macro expansion in the header comment. This allows insertion of date and time, along with path and variable values into the header text of a data file.
• Data export blocks have an auto email option for emailing zipped data sets to user-specified recipients. This allows remote monitoring and reporting.
• Support of standard bitmap formats (.png, .gif, .jpg) for buttons and animations.
• Enhanced parsing of foreign data sets.
New Real-Time Devices
• UDP packet exchange add-on to give fast Ethernet based data exchange over intranet or internet.
• Multiple CAN device support add-on.
Enhanced Embedded Development Support
• Easy hyperlink creation to and from requirements documents to help meet DO-178B, SEAL and FDA embedded development guidelines.
• Graphical creation of device interrupt handlers.
• Expanded support of TI embedded devices and peripherals, including F2806x Piccolo, Delfino and CCS V4.
TMS320C2000, C2000, Piccolo, Delfino, C28x, MSP430 and Code Composer Studio are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated.
The VisSim product range is supplied and supported by Adept Scientific in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Scandinavia and the Nordic countries.
With offices in the UK, Germany and throughout the Nordic region, Adept Scientific is one of the World’s leading suppliers of software and hardware products for research, scientific, engineering and technical applications on desktop computers. Full details and contact information for all Adept Scientific international offices are available at www.adeptscience.com; or telephone +44 (0)1462 480055.