Designed specifically for quantitative modelling and analysis
Maplesoft™, the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics, has announced the launch of the Maple™ Financial Modelling Toolbox, a collection of tools for mathematical finance. The toolbox supports a wide range of common tasks such as equity price modelling, cash flow analysis, option pricing, term structure analysis, and simulation.
The Maple Financial Modelling Toolbox complements Maple’s multi-disciplinary environment with over 100 new commands, designed specifically for quantitative financial modelling and analysis. These can be combined with existing Maple tools – including ODE and PDE solvers, statistical data analysis optimization, and automatic code generation to C, FORTRAN, Visual Basic, and Java – to produce analytical applications and product prototypes in the Maple interactive document interface.
“Traders, quantitative and market analysts, as well as risk and portfolio managers can now use the power of symbolics in financial modelling to their competitive advantage,” said Jim Cooper, President and CEO, Maplesoft. “The Maple Financial Modelling Toolbox provides an environment for developing solutions, where manual mathematical manipulation is essentially eliminated. Customers can automatically derive models faster and more accurately than with numerical tools alone.”
Key features of the toolbox include:
- Interactive technical document interface, with intuitive 2-D equation editor for capturing and reusing knowledge as an informational asset
- Tools for creating and analysing term structures of interest rates
- Stochastic processes and simulation, and symbolic tools for manipulating stochastic variables
- Short-rate models and analytic formulas
- Full access to Maple functionality including closed-form and numeric ODE, PDE, and DAE solvers, in addition to linear and non-linear optimization
- Lattice methods, tools to construct binomial and trinomial trees
- When applied effectively, a financial model can help prevent major planning errors and provide strategic guidance. Using a computer-based system like Maple enables users to build models from first principles, manage calculations, and simplify documentation of results.
Maplesoft is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics. Our product suite reflects our philosophy – given great tools, people can do great things. Maplesoft has transformed the way engineers, scientists, and mathematicians use math, enabling them to work better, faster, and smarter.
Organizations around the world have applied Maple in nearly every technical field including engineering design, operations research, scientific research, and financial analysis. Maplesoft’s commercial customer base includes Allied Signal, BMW, Boeing, DaimlerChrysler, DreamWorks, Ford, General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Raytheon, Robert Bosch, Sun Microsystems, Toyota, and Tyco.
Maplesoft offers powerful and easy-to-use tools that save time and reduce errors.
Maple solves complex mathematical problems and creates rich technical documents
Maple Toolbox for MATLAB combines the best in symbolic and numeric computation to develop mathematical solutions
BlockBuilder for Simulink is a First Principles physical modelling environment that offers automated export to Simulink
MapleNet™ allows users to publish live Maple documents on the Web The Professional Toolbox Series provides domain-specific tools that focus the core Maplesoft products on discipline-specific applications
With offices in the UK, USA, Germany and throughout the Nordic region, Adept Scientific is one of the world’s leading suppliers of software and hardware products for research, scientific, engineering and technical applications on desktop computers.