VisSim expands toolchain with Digital Power Designer
Visual Solutions Incorporated (VSI) (Westford, Massachusetts) has announced the immediate availability of VisSim/Digital Power Designer, a new high level block set for simulation and auto code generation of Digital Power Supplies.
Available from Adept Scientific (Letchworth, Herts) VisSim/Digital Power Designer allows you to quickly create models of complete power systems with a wide selection of digital control schemes, analogue power stages and loads. Building on the existing Embedded Controls Developer platform, VisSim/Digital Power Designer generates highly efficient embedded C-code to realise the firmware for the control of Texas Instruments MCUs.
VisSim/Digital Power Designer provides:
- Controllers (Multi-phase VMC, Peak CMC, Average CMC, Hysteretic CMC, PFC, PSFB, Zero-transition CMC)
- Filters (1st order, 2nd order, Moving Average, Moving Median)
- Measurements (Apparent Power, Crest Factor, Reactive Power, RMS, THD, etc)
- Utility functions (Event counter, soft-start, window detector)
- Converters (Buck, Boost, Buck-boost, Sepic, Cuk, Zeta, Full-bridge, Half-bridge, Push-pull, Flyback, Forward, Rectifiers and Bridgeless PFC)
- Configurable analogue power stage with user selectable resistance, capacitor bank and inductance
- Sensors (AC current transformer, isolated current Hall-effect, isolated voltage, resistive current sense, resistive divider (voltage sense)
- Loads (Constant-current, Constant-power, Load profiles, Inductive, nonlinear glitching, LED strings, Parallel connector)
- Compensators (PI, PID (traditional), PID (2p2z), Types I, II and III, 3p3z)
- Supports TI Piccolo, Delfino, Concerto and MSP430 targets with CCS V4&V5.
Learn more and download a trial here:
“Our goal at Visual Solutions is to help companies bring innovative and complex products to market as quickly and efficiently as possible,” said Visual Solutions CEO, Peter Darnell. “Our new Digital Power Designer, coupled with our deep support for TI on-chip peripherals, makes it easier than ever for engineers to design complete embedded digital power solutions.”
“I’ve been very impressed with the ease of use of VisSim and how well it generates code for our Piccolo line,” said Brett Novak, C2000 Product Marketing at Texas Instruments. “This new VisSim Digital Power add-on is a super way for analogue power designers to get up to speed fast with digital power solutions!”
About Visual Solutions
Visual Solutions is the developer of VisSim, a graphical environment for the design, simulation, verification and implementation of control systems. Founded in 1989, Visual Solutions has helped thousands of companies world-wide bring complex products and systems to market quickly and efficiently. Engineers and scientists in industries like process, aerospace, automotive, biomedical, digital power, motor control, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications etc rely on VisSim to enhance innovation and speed design and test cycles
TMS320C2000, C2000, Piccolo, Delfino, C28x, MSP430 and Code Composer Studio are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners. SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated.
The VisSim product range is supplied and supported by Adept Scientific in theUK,Ireland,Germany,Austria,Scandinaviaand the Nordic countries.
With offices in the UK, Germany and throughout the Nordic region, Adept Scientific is one of the world’s leading suppliers of software and hardware products for research, scientific, engineering and technical applications on desktop computers. Full details and contact information for all Adept Scientific international offices are available at www.adeptscience.com; or telephone +44 (0) 203 695 7810.
What do our Customers say about us?
Very enthusiastic, willing to answer questions, helpful, friendly – overall very good
Bob worked tirelessly over many hours (and days!) to try to resolve the issue. His efforts were truly appreciated on my behalf. He was polite, caring and nothing was too much trouble. Many, many thanks Bob.JO
This level of customer support will increase my likelihood to stay with Endnote and recommend it to colleagues. Actually outstanding on comparison to other site.JS
Good tutor genuinely interested in student’s needs. This course provided all I needed and more.GS, Great Dunmow, UK
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.